↬ CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN :: new memories ↫

Chapter 27 - new memories

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
Believe your eyes
Watch the nightfall coming down
on us
These are the new memories
We are the new memories
No compromise, we will see how
far we go tonight
These are the new memories
We are the new memories
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

A/n : the last fluff chapter of the story, enjoy :)

__________________________________________________________________

Taehyung lips were pulled into a straight line, scrolling down on his phone and his legs were bouncing slightly on  the floor. He was trying his best to keep his mind distracted, but no matter how much he tried, his mind kept coming back to one thing⏤ Jimin life was in danger.

Not to mention, in just about few minutes, it would be his birthday, which was supposed to be a happy day for him, but it was anything but that. It's been years since he celebrated his birthday. He just hated this day so much, after all this was the day that turned his life upside down ten years back. He always used to spend this day alone, and refuse every time when his friends ask him to celebrate it.

But this time, he wasn't sad. No. He wouldn't explain what he's feeling right now as sadness or anything of that sort. To be honest, he kind of feel relieved to think 10 years⏤11 years in few minutes, passed and he was still here. He was still breathing. He came so far. Isn't that something he should be proud for?

The clock struck 12 A.M

And the very right moment, the doorbell rang, making the blond groan in annoyance. It was 12 fucking A.M, who could it possibly be? He placed the phone on the night stand before standing up and making his way downstairs. He was just climbing down the stairs when they rang the doorbell once again, "Jeez, I'm coming!" He shouted, before skipping his steps and hurried toward the door before throwing it open.

"Happy birthday to you~" Taehyung couldn't even comprehend anything. As soon as he opened the door, he was pulled into a group hug and his friends started singing in chorus, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday~" Taehyung stumbled back a little, not able to balance everyone's weight, but somehow he managed it, "Happy birthday to you~"

Taehyung slowly lifted his head up and caught sight of Jimin who was holding the cake, a wide smile present over his lips. The mere sight of Jimin was just enough to bring a smile onto his face, "May the good lord bless you, may the good lord bless you, Taehyungie, happy birthday to you!" Taehyung chuckled slightly and his friends pulled away, "Eh, was this all necessary? You know I don't really celebrate my birthday."

"Namjoon hyung told me how you used to celebrate your birthdays." Jimin mumbled, taking a step toward Taehyung, holding the cake, "If you think I'm going to let you be sad on your birthday over what happened years back, you are dead wrong. We are creating new memories, Taehyung. I want you to replace all those memories you have of your birthday ten years back with the  new memories we are going to create today, so come on hurry up, make a wish and blow out the candles, it's late already."

"I'm all in for making new memories, but is it really necessary to make a wish and blow the candles? It's too cringy, like I'm not a kid anymore. I'm 26 now⏤"

"I don't care if you are 26 or 62, you will have to do it, so come on, don't make me repeat again or I'll smash this cake on your face." laughter reverberated through the living room, followed with a loud sigh. Taehyung looked at Jimin, "You will smash it on my face?"

"Taehyung, you better do what he says if you don't want the cream to be all over your face. Something tells me Jimin would actually do it." Yoongi chuckled and Taehyung rolled his eyes before closing his eyes and inhaling a deep breath.

Please, just give us a goddamn break.

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and blew the candles and everyone started clapping their hands, "Time to cut the cake." Jungkook mumbled and Taehyung shook his head, "No, you guys asked me to blow the candles and I did. I'm not cutting⏤"  Taehyung was cut off by Jimin, who grabbed the handful of cream from the cake and smashed it all over Taehyung face. Bunch of gasps could be heard around the room and Jimin giggled and placed cake on the table.

Taehyung ran his hand on his face and wiped the cream off his face before glaring at Jimin, who stuck his tongue out to him. Taehyung leaned down and grabbed the handful of cake on his hand and threw it at Jimin who instantly moved aside and the cake landed right on. .  . Jin's face.

Taehyung eyes widened and Jimin lips made a 'o' shaped as he gaped at Taehyung, "Oh god, Taehyung, what have you done? You threw the cake on Jin hyung's handsome face!" Jimin gasped dramatically and Taehyung glared at him, "It's all because of you!"

"Excuse me? What do you mean because of me?"

"You started it!"

"You refused to cut the cake, I warned you!"

"YOU LITTLE BRATS!"

Jimin and Taehyung jumped away slightly before their gaze travelled to Jin, who was glaring at him. Jin grabbed the cake and threw at Taehyung, who instantly grabbed Yoongi arms and pulled him infront of him, hiding behind the elder, making the cake land right on Yoongi face.

And that continued for a while until everyone landed on the ground, their breath coming out as gasps before a bunches of laughter echoed through the room. Taehyung side glanced at everyone who was laughing. His laughter fading into a smile.

He really wanted this happiness to last.

__

1035 words.

Sorry for the short chapter, but I have written the next chapter as well, so expect an another update from me in few minutes.

This story is coming to an end in 3-4 chapters, I'd just say, get your tissues ready.

I hope you enjoyed it <3