↬ CHAPTER FORTY FOUR :: how? ↫

Chapter 44 - How?

Chapter 44 - How?

[ Though life has fated that we never cross paths again, don't ever feel alone. For we are parallel. . . and I will always be by your side - Ranata Suzuki ]

__________________________________________________________________

Everyone was there to see Jimin, even Mr. Park and Mrs. Park except for Taehyung and Jimin was getting worried and kept looking at the door, hoping Taehyung would come, but he didn't. It's been two days since they talked and Jimin was waiting to see him, so he could get a proper chance to apologize. He wasn't expecting more. He just wanted to apologize, that's all, but Taehyung never came.

"What's wrong?" Mrs. Park questioned, noticing the frown on his lips and Jimin sighed, "Taehyung. Where is he?" Mrs. Park and Mr. Park exchanged a worried gaze, making Jimin even more anxious, "Why do you both look so worried? Did something happen?" None of them spoke anything and the lack of response was ticking Jimin off, "Why is no one telling me anything?" 

Namjoon sighed and took a step forward and handed him a box which was wrapped with gift wrappers and ribbons, "Open this, and you will have your answer." Jimin frowned and hesitantly got the box from him and untied the ribbon and opened the wrappers. He opened the box, and he found a camera inside, making Jimin confused. He looked up at Namjoon, who nodded at him. Jimin took the camera out and examined it and that's when he realized, it wasn't any other camera— it was Taehyung's camera. 

There was a letter inside too. Jimin swallowed and took the letter out and unfolded it as his eyes trailed over the contents on the letter. 

Jimin,

I'm sorry things ended this way. I wanted to make you happy, but at the end of the day I have become the reason for your tears. I'm writing this because I know you will be blaming yourself, and I'm a huge coward to say all this to your face. Whatever happened, it wasn't your fault, so don't hold it against yourself. True, I was angry with you at first, but after more consideration, I believe I would have behaved similarly to you if I had been you. It's not your fault at all. Maybe this is how things were supposed to work out. I know you're still frightened, wounded, and perhaps overwhelmed, and I don't know what to say except that I'm sorry.

You were right, Jimin. We shouldn't have met, grown close, or fell in love with one other in the first place. It was, as you said, a colossal blunder. Maybe that's why we are suffering right now, but it will be fine, Jimin. Everything will be alright very soon, and I'm sure of it, because I won't be in your life anymore. You might miss me for a while, but then you won't even realize I'm gone; you'll carry on with your life, forget about me, and go on. One day, when you think of me, you won't feel hurtYou will find someone else. As much as the thought of you being with someone else pains me, I have to suck it up because it's for the best and things will be fine again. You will be fine without me because you are one of the strongest person I know.