↬ CHAPTER FORTY :: just hold on ↫

Chapter 40 - just hold on

[ I keep thinking about this river somewhere, with the water moving really fast. And these two people in the water, trying to hold onto each other, holding on as hard as they can, but in the end, it's just too much. The current's too strong. They've got to let go, drift apart - Kazuo Ishiguro ]

[ if you wanna cry, listen to ☝︎ that song - arcade while reading this chapter ]

[ tw: violence ]

__________________________________________________________________

"Taehyung?" The said male looked up at Jimin, who was walking down the stairs, rubbing his eyes with his fists, his eyes barely open. It was around 2 pm and Jimin couldn't find Taehyung next to him, but he was sure as hell the latter slept with him, so he got up to look for him, he was barely awake, and he looked like he was sleep walking which Taehyung found pretty  adorable.

Taehyung placed the camera down and instantly stood up and rushed toward him when he caught Jimin stumbling on the stairs. Just before he could fall down the stairs, Taehyung rushed to his side and held his hand, preventing him from falling, "Whoa there." Jimin opened his eyes fully and looked at Taehyung, before his lips curled up to a cute smile, "Hi," Taehyung laughed slightly and pushed the strands away from his forehead, "Hey." 

The next thing he knew, Jimin let his eyes fall close, and he fell on Taehyung arms and the redhead panicked, before he could push Jimin away and check whether he was okay, Jimin wrapped his arms around Taehyung neck tightly, "Where did you go? Do you know how scared I was?" Jimin mumbled, his eyes closed firmly, as he held onto Taehyung tightly as if his life depended on it. 

"How scared were you?" Taehyung mumbled, rubbing the younger back soothingly, "So. . . scared. . . that I thought I'll die. . . I don't want it to be real." Taehyung slowly pulled out to look at Jimin and the frown he saw on Taehyung lips made Jimin heart drop, "Is it. . . real, tae? am I dreaming now. . .? Are you really. . .?" 

Taehyung leaned in and kissed his forehead and Jimin gripped Taehyung shirt tightly, "If it is. . . I don't want to go back to the reality. . . please, j-just don't fade away. . ." Taehyung pulled away and looked at Jimin's tear-streaked eyes. Taehyung smiled sadly, "Come with me," he mumbled taking Jimin hand and intertwining their hands and started leading him to the couch. 

"Sit here," he made Jimin sit on the couch, and he kneeled in front of him, holding his both hands in his, "Taehyung. I'm scared. Please," Taehyung nodded his head, his eyes never leaving Jimin, "I know." Jimin  bit his lips, "It's all my fault. I'm sorry." Taehyung slowly reached out and wiped the tears off his cheeks, "I know you are."