↬ CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT :: bruised ↫

Chapter 38 - bruised

[ Some scars don't hurt. Some scars are numb. Some scars rid you of the capacity to feel anything ever again - Joyce Rachelle ]

[ tw : violence ]

__________________________________________________________________

"How's Jimin?" Yoongi asked as soon as Jungkook stepped in. Jungkook just sighed and sat on the sofa between Hoseok and Jin, "A mess," he mumbled before leaned his head back on the couch, "Just a complete mess." 

It's been seven days since that incident. They had to close the case as Taehyung conceded that he shot Mr. Park. Much more terrible, Mr. Park slipped into a coma. Things were truly hard, and they didn't have a clue how to tackle it. One of their friend was locked up in the jail, while their other friend was driving everybody away. It was truly debilitating.

Jin visited Taehyung in the prison two days back, but Taehyung didn't even speak a word. He just sat there numbly gazing at the wall while Jin spoke to him, trying to reassure him that everything will be alright soon. No matter how much Jin tried, Taehyung didn't budge. 

Jungkook, on the other hand, sought to persuade Jimin to pay a visit to Taehyung in prison and give him the opportunity to explain things, but the latter frequently lashed out at Jungkook. Jungkook became irritated by Jimin's conduct at some point, but he kept it under control since he understood Jimin was going through a difficult time and his head was foggy. So Jungkook decided to give him some space to calm down and come back to his senses before it's too late. 

"Hyung," Jungkook called out, taking a gander at Namjoon, who had his face buried in his palms. He slowly lifted his head up and looked at Jungkook, and the younger could notice the bag under his eyes. He looked like a mess, "How is Taehyung hyung?" Namjoon sighed and ruffled his hair in frustrating, "He won't even speak to me. It's kinda scary. He looks like a robot."

"Right," Jin spoke up, "I visited him in the prison two days back. He didn't even speak a word. Not even a reaction. It felt like I was talking to a stone." 

Meanwhile. . .

Taehyung sat on the right side of the canteen, ignoring all the looks and taunts he was getting from the inmates. Taehyung just peered down, jabbing the food. The sight of food made him feel like throwing up, and how would it taste if he eats this shit? Just as he was about to place the fork down, he felt someone pouring water on his head and Taehyung closed his eyes, clenching his fist tightly as the water dripped down his face. 

"Ah, would you look at that? Our officer is not as innocent as he seems." He overheard someone making fun of him. Taehyung opened his eyes and looked at the convict, who smirked at him. Taehyung recognized the man right away. He was the one that got arrested for robbery a few months ago. The prisoner leaned closer, his smirk never leaving his lips, "How many people have you killed before, Officer Kim? Oh, wait— that's wrong, ex-officer. That sounds more perfect."

The inmate expected Taehyung to glare at him, but the latter just leaned back on his seat, a smirk taking over his lips, "Want me to add you in the list as well?" The smirk instantly fell off the inmate lips. He wanted to piss him off, but the elder appeared calm, smug even, and it pissed the inmate off.  He couldn't tell what was going on Taehyung head. 

Taehyung stood up from his seat and looked at the inmate, taking a step toward him, "You see, I'm so tired of being the good guy. I want to try something new for a change, you know?" The inmate was glaring at him, and Taehyung took that chance. He slowly reached out for the glass of water, his eyes never leaving the inmate. In a flash, he splattered the water on the inmate face. 

"You!" The inmate charged forward and punched Taehyung jaw, making the male stumble back. Taehyung just laughed and looked at the furious inmate, "Is that all you have got?" he kissed his teeth in a mocking way. The inmate grabbed him by his collar, "If I were you, I wouldn't be smirking." Taehyung just shrugged, "Make me stop then." 

The next thing he knew, he was shoved to the ground harshly. He slowly looked up and the next second the inmate got on the top of him, and his knuckles came in contact with Taehyung's nose, making blood ooze out of his nose. Punches over punches kept landing on his face and Taehyung just laughed through it all, mocking him, Despite the fact he could take him down, Taehyung did nothing to stop him. He didn't fight back.

Soon after Taehyung started coughing blood, fresh wounds littered his tan skin, "Beaten up but still have the audacity to laugh." The Inmate scoffed, and Taehyung chuckled, wiping the blood off his face, "Not my fault you punch like a weakling" his face snapped to the side as another punch landed on his jaw. This continued and Taehyung was losing his energy slowly. 

The last thing he knew was the inmate being pulled away from him by the police guards before everything went black. 

•~•♡︎•~•

Namjoon rushed in the hospital corridor. He had asked the guards to keep an eye on Taehyung, and he got a call from them saying he was beaten up so bad that he was taken to the hospital. As soon as he got the call, he instantly rushed to the hospital.

"Hyung?" he stopped on his track when he saw Jimin standing few feet away from him. He instantly pressed his lips into a straight line, "Jimin," he spoke, walking toward him, "What are you doing here?" Namjoon shifted on his feet uncomfortably, not knowing what to say, but Namjoon didn't wanted to tell him about Taehyung as Jimin hates talking about him, so he decided to lie, "Uh, I came to see Mr. Park. Are you going home?" 

Jimin nodded his head, "Yeah. . . my mom wants to stay with him, so," Jimin shrugged and Namjoon smiled and ruffled Jimin hair, "He will wake up soon. Stay strong, yeah?" Jimin nodded, giving him a faint smile, "Y-Yeah, I'll try to." Namjoon wetted his lips before speaking again, "I need to go, I'll see you later." he spoke in a hurry before walking past Jimin, not even waiting to hear his reply. 

Namjoon ran and bumped into a few of the nurses and people on the way. He mumbled a small sorry and continued making his way to the room Taehyung was in. He finally reached room 234, and he found two guard standing outside. He sighed and ran to them. They looked at him and bowed their head in respect, "Sir." 

"Is he okay?" 

"He was beaten up pretty bad, but apart from that the doctor said he's fine." One of the guard spoke up and Namjoon nodded, "Is he inside?" they nodded their head and Namjoon opened the door and stepped inside, his eyes widened when he found the bed empty. Namjoon instantly looked around the room, his eyes widening even more.

Taehyung was not here. 

▬▬

Short chapter. 

But enjoy the double update <3

Imma go and take a nap now. 

I hope you enjoyed it <3