↬ CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT :: overwhelming ↫

Chapter 28 - Overwhelming

[ Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters - John Green ]

__________________________________________________________________

Taehyung smiled fondly as he watched Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon play on the beach while Jin and Taehyung stayed back, as Taehyung didn't feel like playing on the beach and Jin stayed back, wanting to keep Taehyung company, even though the younger insisted him to go on and have fun, but Jin just shut him up with a glare.

Taehyung couldn't take his eyes off Jimin. The way Jimin smiled, the way his hair swung in the breeze, the way his eyes brightened whenever he smiled, the way he raced in the water when Jungkook chased him, the way he covered his face when Namjoon splashed water on him, the way he seemed thrilled when he splashed it back at Namjoon. Everything, every single thing Jimin did made his heart go crazy. 

His thoughts eventually returned to the almost kiss from the night before. They would've kissed if they hadn't realized what they were doing, and curiously, Taehyung regretted pulling back, he regretted not kissing him, and he found it very strange, and he kept reminding himself that Jimin was only a friend to him, maybe a good friend, best friend even. Yeah, that's all there is to it.

Friends don't kiss, idiot. 

His mind shouted at him, and Taehyung gulped. They didn't kiss, though, so there was no problem for him. It was just the heat of the moment, wasn't it? But then again, why does he feel like this? Why does his heart beat so fast? Why does Jimin affect him this much? Why does he want to kiss Jimin? Friends definitely don't do that, and deep down he knew that, maybe he didn't want to admit it.

"Hyung?" he called, after a minute, making Jin to look at him. He sent a hum in reply, and Taehyung finally broke his gaze from Jimin and looked at Jin, who was waiting for him to continue, "How. . ." he trailed, not knowing how to ask this. He inhaled a deep breath, "How did you figure out that you liked Namjoon hyung?" 

Jin raised his eyebrows, "Why are you asking me this all of a sudden?" Taehyung bit his lips and looked at Jimin, who was laughing, clutching Jungkook arms. Feeling someone gaze on him, Jimin turned his head and their eyes locked with each other. Jimin laugh instantly was replaced with a soft smile and a faint sigh left his lips. Taehyung sent a small smile on his way, "I'm just curious." 

Jin followed his gaze, and it landed on Jimin, who was smiling at Taehyung. Jin chuckled slightly, "I see," Taehyung looked at Jin, "You see what?" Jin reached out and ruffled the younger hair, "This is about Jimin, isn't it? You are confused." Taehyung eyes widened at that, and he instantly shook his head, "No. . . not at all!"