[003] Kyojuro Rengoku

003: Rengoku Kyojuro

[Name] [Last name] , an ice hashira trained under Urokodaki and having Tomioka Giyuu as well. But as a hashira, you were quiet bubbly and talkative.

Receiving a lot of advices of shutting your mouth up than, talking a lot. Though, Rengoku enjoyed your presence. As well as Shinobu, Mitsuri and Giyuu. Yet, the other hashira doesn't want to have a mission with you for being so bubbly and noisy which irritates them a lot and found you very annoying.

A very fine day came, being as yourself. You kept on talking and talking which made Sanemi tell you something, Obanai to hiss at you, Uzui calling you not very flamboyant, Muichiro avoiding you and as well as Gyomei praying for you to shut up.

All of those were enough to make you down and just shut up.

You were walking down the alley when your crow suddenly pop out of nowhere saying that Oyakata-sama called a meeting.

You intentionally went there late which made the others wonder, yet happy because you being quiet will not irritate them.

"[Name] , my child. Are you okay?" Oyakata-sama asks as you just nodded and smiled.

"If you were, speak then!" Sanemi yelled and you were about to open your mouth but then closed them and just smiled.

"Are you damn muted?!" He yelled once again but just earning a smile again, "Now, Now, [Name] , I want you to go in a mission with Sanemi and then the rest would depend on the day you were settled in and okay to be back again. The others would be paired up, Kyojuro and Giyuu, Shinobu and Mitsuri, Obanai and Muichiro last would be Gyomei and Uzui" he said.

Tomorrow came and you just shut your mouth up while having a mission with Sanemi, "Don't you dare slow me down!" Sanemi yelled as he leaped through the branches of every trees to reach the village.

You're not that far yet not that near, he will steal some glances to you because of your sudden change of character is bothering but why would he even bother that. "I'll go right you'll go left" he instructed as you nod and left him behind.

'She's being weird ...' Sanemi thought.

Your behaviour continued and didn't stopped, even Shinobu can't make you talk. You'll just smile and nod or shakes your head. Like communication didn't exist for you and in your world.

"How I miss her cheerful sides" Shinobu said watching over Y/n to seat near the pond playing with some butterflies.

They're now in the estate of Oyakata-sama, waiting for the meeting, "If they can't appreciate your presence, let them appreciate your absence" someone spoke and made them gulp in surprise as they bow down seeing that it was Oyakata-sama.

"What do you mean Oyakata-sama?" Mitsuri asks.

"Y/n Is a fragile one, she speak too much because She was muted when she was a kid. She was able to speak at the age of 12 yet she kept it in and discovered How speak fluently when she's 16. Now, she's not muted but acted as one since you guys didn't appreciate her joyful side so she wants you to appreciate her opposite one. She's now planning to resign as a hashira because of it"

Since that day, they're visiting you but you're avoiding them. Not wanting to pissed or irritate them again. After a peaceful dinner, you went on your room's roof and sigh.

"Should I speak or shut up? Just speaking a single word makes me think that they will be mad " you said as you lay down.

"I'm not mad at all!" Someone said as you almost jump off and feel from the roof because of that voice, "Rengo-" you cut off your words mid way thinking you might make him angry so you sit up straight and avoided your gaze with him.

"[Name]-chan?" He ask as he sat next where you were sitting. You looked at him and smiled, " ... speak?" He asks and your eyes widen and looked at him in the eyes.

He's smiling but his eyes says the opposite, "R-rengoku," you said and avoided you eye contact with him but he used his soft hand to hold your chin and make you look at him.

"Don't...." Rengoku said as you looked at him and tilted your head, "Don't resign," he said as you stopped and laugh but shut your mouth immediately because your laugh is too loud.

A reason why the other hashira hated you.

In behalf of that, you just chuckle a little and smiled. "I was just planning, but Giyuu scolded me so I won't continue my plan," you explained.

"That's good then," he said.

"Just be back of what you used to be," he silently commented as you lay again and stared at the beautiful sky.

"I hate to be hated, well it's not because I wanted to be loved though. Well it's because of my flashbacks that I dont want to remember. Flashbacks I want to bury."

As you hugged yourself and sit back down, Rengoku's just listening to you. "I was hated for being muted, my parents hates me even my siblings. They even tried to feed me to a demon. And now, I'm here talking yet, still being hated," you said chuckling sadly.

"They don't hate you, they're just uncomfortable for having a talkative like you as a hashira since none of us talk like you do. And its giving the vibe in, the silence when your quiet is bothering," Rengoku said.

"Where's your family then?" He ask and you smiled, "They were killed by the demon they promised to give me to be devoured. In front of me, the people of the whole village where we lived in was killed and eaten. Only me, survived."

"I-im sorry," he said and I just smiled and yawns. "Thank you Rengoku. I can now have peace of mind," you said as you were about to stand up when he hold your wrist and gave you a warm hug and leans in to kiss your cheeks which made you blush.

"I'm comfortable when you talk too much since I like you, a lot" he whispers and You hummed, "I like you too," you said and he walk you back to your room and him leaving you a good night kiss in the lips.