2

Nyx's pov

The next morning I was woken up by my bunk mate Annie.

"Nyx, you need to get up now if you don't want to be late." Annie said after carefully shaking me awake.

"Huh?" I said as I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "Oh! Thanks for waking me Annie, new day, new friends! Wooh!"

"How can you have so much energy this early in the morning?" Annie asked.

"Adventure!" I cheered before jumping down from my bunk.

Time skip

After breakfast they rounded us up at these pulley system things. I hadn't seen anything as odd as this before in my life.

"It's aptitude test time so listen up there is no place for you here if you cannot perform, fail and be shipped to the fields!" The Commander yelled.

I was one of the first people brought up to the pulley things. They hooked big silver clasps to one of the many belts on my uniform. I stood stock still as they lifted me up off of the ground. Within a few seconds I had figured out how to balance and fell limp.

I quickly became bored of just hanging there and began spinning upside down and doing weird spins and positions.

"Stop that Nyx you'll hurt yourself." Reiner said.

"Oh hey Reiner, I didn't see you there." I said.

"I noticed, now stand up straight before the commander sees you." Reiner said.

"WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION JEAGER?!! STRAIGHTEN YOURSELF UP!!" The Commander yelled at the brown haired boy from yesterday who was dangling upside down from the pulley.

"Oh my heart, I thought that was me he was yelling at for a second. So scary." I said holding one hand over my heart and almost falling.

"Be careful!" Reiner said.

Time skip

After the aptitude test I was pulled into the commanders office. I knew I was going to get yelled at, I mean what else was hee going to do.

"This is where you yell at me right? And then I promise to never do it again and then you yell at me some more and I loose my meal privileges." I said, cutting off the commander. "Well that's just predictable, you yell at us to scare us, right? We're never going to be afraid of you if we can predict what you're going to do. Think outside the box a little commander."

"I was going to commend you on your mobility skills, I have never seen someone take to moving like that so quickly on the simulation. After those comments though you better get running because YOU'RE ON MY SHIT LIST!!! I don't want to see you stop until that lunch bell rings, you hear me!?" The Commander said.

"Damn- I mean, sir yes sir!" I said as I saluted him.

Time skip

I ran for hours before the bell rang for lunch. When I got into the lunch room I collapsed at a table beside Marco.

"What happened to you?" Jean asked.

"Don't... back sass... the commander... ever." I panted out.

"I could have told you that was a bad idea." Jean said.

"Here, take my water and I'll go pick up your food for you." Marco said.

"Thank you... freckled Jesus" I said before taking his cup and gulping down some water as Jean and Marco laughed.

"Freckled Jesus?" Jean said through laughter. "You're nuts."

"I'm honest." I said.

"Let's just get you something to eat." Marco said.

Time skip

The next morning everyone stood in a crowd watching as those who failed the test yesterday got a second chance. The brown haired kid who had been completely upside down yesterday was clipped up to the pulley system ready to retake the test.

"Eren jeager, are you ready?" The Commander asked.

"Yes sir!" The boy replied, determination in his eyes.

"Proceed." The Commander said.

A blonde boy cranked up the pulley lifting Eren a few inches up into the air. He looked determined to do it this time around and he had a good stance too. He stayed up right this time and everyone started cheering for him even me, until he lost his balance and flipped backwards.

"No, not yet. Once more I can do it." Eren said in desperation as he struggled to try and raise himself back up.

"Lower him." The Commander said.

Eren was now on his knees in front of the commander.

"I-I'm finished." Eren said shocked.

"Wagner exchange belts with mister jeager." The Commander ordered.

"Yes sir!" The blonde boy replied.

Thomas gave Eren his belt and gave Eren's belt to the commander before hooking Eren back up and raising him into the air. This time Eren did it perfectly, no falling forward or crashing into the ground.

"Your equipment was defective. If given a piece of functional gear you might not be worthless after all. They didn't notice this broken clasp. I might have to visit the supply depot and crack a couple skulls." The Commander explained.

We all began mumbling to each other about Eren.

"So you mean I-I didn't wash out." Eren said.

"You made the cut, now keep training cadet!" The Commander said.