51

Nyx's pov

I woke up in a white room, light streaming in through white curtains. I tried to sit up but my arm was handcuffed to the bed. Of course, I had thought that being taken by levi had been a dream but this proved that it wasn't.

I broke out into a coughing fit, allowing the blood to splatter on the floor as I didn't have a free hand to stop it.

"So you're awake." A voice came from the corner of the room.

"Captain Levi." I said.

"You've got blood everywhere, disgusting." Levi said as he pushed away from the wall and approached me.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't move to cover my mouth." I said.

"That's the idea. Listen up brat, we have some questions that need answered before you're allowed to see anyone. You'll be getting kept in here until we're sure you're not dangerous." Levi said.

"That's fair. Ask away." I said.

"What secret has your family been guarding?" Levi asked.

"So someone read my book, I can't say, not to you anyway." I replied.

"You're not helping yourself." Levi said.

"I was not born into this world and given the last name Betzner for show. I was not enslaved and tortured for no reason. I will not betray my family name, I'd rather die. If the secrets of Yimir's people or the truth behind the walls is what you want then know you'll never get them. I'm the only living person with that knowledge and I'm not sharing it with anyone that isn't supposed to know. Sorry, that's just how it is." I said.

"If anything at least you've got conviction. My question then is where do your loyalties lie?" Levi asked.

"My loyalties lie with those I love. Country and race are things I no longer want any part of. I have fought on both sides and I hate them both. I have seen every argument from every side and none of them are good. People are people but noone can leave it at that. I'm loyal to Reiner and Annie and Porco and Pieck and Zeke, Gabi and Falco, Colt, Zophia and Udo but I'm also loyal to Jean and Hanji, Marco and Armin, Sasha, Connie and Historia." I said.

"Well Sasha is dead, Zeke is on our side and Gabi, Falco and Annie are our captives. So who are you picking?" Levi said.

I looked at him in shock, I was not expecting any of that.

"Crying isnt an answer." Levi.

"I'm sorry... I just-... Sasha... Sasha is dead...?" I said.

Levi's pov

Her tears mixed with some blood on her face and began streaking red across her freckled cheeks. I moved to whipe it away but a spark of something flicked between my hand and her cheek and my head was hit with a wave of pain.

I blinked repeatedly, trying to get rid of the searing pain in the back of my eyes. When it felt like I wasn't going to loose my eyes I glanced around. I was in some kind of basement, the place was filthy, the floor pooling with water and mud. The walls were caked in all sorts of crap, moss and dirt and blood. There were rusted chains on the walls that were swinging and making a racket as they clashed on the stone walls. There weren't any windows or much light at all and the place was freezing.