15

Nyx's pov

The day of the 57th expedition arrived and Krista and I were beside eachother in the crowd of scouts. I spotted Bertholdt and Reiner further ahead of us and Reiner winked at me.

'Look out for Annie coming and try to help her out.' I thought.

'Yes ma'am.' Reiner thought back.

'You'll be able to link up with her soon.' Bertholdt thought.

'Stay safe out there you two.' I thought.

'If things go south kill Krista and have the titans protect you. We all need you safe.' Reiner said.

'Will do, Nyx out.' I thought before cutting the link and flopping forwards a bit out of breath. It took a lot of energy to use my communication link outside of my titan form.

"Are you okay Nyx?" Krista asked concerned.

"I'm fine, just really tired all of a sudden." I said.

"It's officially begun, the 57th recon mission! Scouts, move out!" Commander Erwin said.

With that the gate flew open and everyone began riding out into the abandoned village outside Calaneth. The support squad was quick to spread out across the rooftops, taking out approaching titans untill we left the village.

"Long range formation, let's go!" Commander Erwin ordered.

We all split off, some of us were riding in pairs while others were on their own. Krista and I were paired together as supply runners. We each had an extra horse tethered to our own with extra blades and gas in the side bags.

Krista and I split into our position as most other people rode out of view. We'd be communicating solely by smoke signals.

"I had higher mobility scores so if we get into a situation where we have to engage a titan I'll take it on my odm as long as you send out the signal." I said.

"Are you sure? I can take it. I know you're tired, I wouldn't want you getting hurt." Krista said.

"I'm fine. I didnt get to do much during Trost, I want to help out now. That means keeping you safe." I said as I offered her a smile.

Krista smiled back and nodded.

Time skip

We had only been out for an hour when a stray horse came running our way like the devil was on its tail. I quickly sped up and caught its reigns to stop it running away.

"Woah there little run away. Someone will be needing you so let's try not to get lost." I said.

"I wonder who it belongs to." Krista said as she caught up.

"Probably a right wing spotter. They took to many casualties to continue and titans don't eat horses so it'd make sense. The poor thing's rider was probably pulled straight off it's back." I said as I took a cracker from my bag and fed it to the horse to calm it down.

"We both already have a spare horse, what should we do with this one?" Krista asked.

"Take him with us obviously. You never know when someone might need him." I said as I hopped down from my horse.