41

Nyx's pov

The next morning I had to go to Zeke's office. We were supposed to be having a meeting. When I walked in I saw Zeke preparing to boil a pot for tea.

"Here, let me help." I said as I approached.

"No need." Zeke said, the smile on his face falling when he turned to look at me. "You're chalk white, have you eaten at all today?"

"I haven't been hungry." I replied.

"That could be why you're getting so ill Nyx, you have to try and have at least two meals a day. I get that you have a bad relationship with food but you need to eat." Zeke said. "I'll get you some breakfast."

"It's fine Zeke, I'll eat after the meeting." I said.

"Nyx, I love you like you were my own sister, please let me take care of this." Zeke said and I sighed.

"Fine, just because I know you won't let me win." I said.

Time skip

Everyone was gathered and Porco had just came through the door.

"Hey, good morning." Colt said.

"Looks like all of us are here now." Zeke said.

"This is a rare occasion, why are we all meeting in your office Zeke?" Porco asked as he sat down. "And Where's the brass?"

"They're not here in this room. Can't we all just meet for some tea?" Zeke said. "Besides, I wanted to make sure Nyx was eating, which she wasn't."

Zeke had pointed out the obvious, we were being spied on. Whatever we said had to sound natural and be pro marley or we'd be over. The government didn't trust us one bit.

"Jeeze, call me out why don't you." I said as I threw my hands up in mock surrender.

"Eat your bread." Reiner said as he shot me a look I knew from our days in training.

"Now then. The battle of Fort slava made it clear that conventional weapons are advancing fast, they'll soon be stronger than titans. That's bad news on two fronts, we'll loose our tactical value as Marley looses her strength. This threatens the whole eldian race and there is but one solution. Marley must seize the founding titan's power as well as the resources of paradis. Before that the world must be reminded of the terrible threat that island poses to us all. Every good story needs a narrator, the Tybur family will provide one for us." Zeke said.

"They're the keepers of the war hammer. Right?" Colt said.

"Yeah, I bet the Tyburs have never once used the war hammer against an enemy state. They're known as the family that warded off King Fritz in the great titan war. They aren't hated like most Eldians. If we speak through the Tyburs the world will hear us out." Pieck said.

"Astute as ever Pieck, you're exactly right." Zeke said.

"But the Tyburs have been living lives of luxury and freedom, they've never fought for their country or their people. Why should they get to play hero now?" Porco said.

"Exactly! If they actually joined the war effort like everyone else we could have ended it much sooner. The war hammer would have been a huge strategic advantage." I said.

"I know how you feel but the Tyburs are just as concerned about Marley as we are." Zeke said.

"Maybe bu-" Porco was cut off.

"If it saves our motherland then that's enough for me. Our duty as warriors is to support the Tyburs and work as scaffolding as the new Marley is built." Reiner said.

"Well said. Very soon there will be a festival that'll take place here in Liberio." Zeke said.

"You Don say." Reiner said.

"You want a warriors day out or something?" I asked jokingly.

"Foreign indignateries and V.I.Ps will be invited to hear this announcement from the Tyburs. We will concur Paradis Island within the next year, the fates of the Eldian people and of Marley rest on this plan. We cannot let it fail. For the future of our motherland Marley we must join our hearts and minds as one." Zeke said.

"Guess I finally get another shot at slaughtering devils. We've all gotta do our best for Marley." I said.

"Exactly. Now eat your damn breakfast before you collapse." Reiner said.

"I'll force feed you Nyx, don't make me." Porco said.

"Not again! I'll eat, I promise." I said hurriedly before I began stuffing my face.