62

Nyx's pov

After escaping a gun fight I wasn't equips to handle I hid our in a back alley between houses. I needed time to plan and find Armin. I couldn't just keep running around blindly. I had a pretty good grasp of the situation so I'd hopefully be able to come up with something half decent.

The whole of Shiganshina lit up with orange lightning and I felt myself go numb. God only knew how many titans Zeke had just created. The whole city could have been overrun.

A Titan immediately peered over the buildings at me and I hurried out the other side of the alley. Looking around I spotted two titans on the street I had just ran into, there were no other side streets I could take so I sprinted away from the fortress and titans, back towards the wall. As I began nearing the end of the street I noticed a small space between houses I could squeeze through onto the next street. Not seeing any titans over the rooftops I shuffled through and then continued running. I didn't notice a smaller titan behind a building and got grabbed.

"STOP!" I screamed, using my titan ability to try and stop the titan.

My ability didn't work however, the titan following Zeke's orders rather than mine. I Coughed up blood as the titan raised me above its mouth, kicking and screaming.

I shut my eyes as I prepared to be eaten before I felt like I was flying. Opening my eyes I saw the titan's hand had been cut off and I was being carried by a soldier on O.D.M gear. He landed in a roof and then placed me down in front of him.

"What we're you doing running around without gear!? Did I not teach you the ground is suicide!?" Commander Shadis yelled.

"Commander?" I questioned in surprise.

"Where's your gear?" Commander Shadis asked.

"I don't have any, I was only expecting to fight people today." I said. "I didn't exactly get the titan alert like you apparently did."

The Commander sighed and shook his head.

"Can't you transform?" Commander Shadis asked.

"No, if I did that I'd be swarmed instantly. I don't have the physical strength to fight of so many even as a titan." I replied. "I can't control them either, Zeke created them so they're not normal titans."

"I'll clear the way for you then, you get in there and get yourself strapped up." Commander Shadis said.

I nodded in agreement before giving him a salute. It has been a long time since I had done that salute but it had been drilled into my head causing it to come as second nature. Commander Shadis took off between the buildings, slicing the napes of titans in his path while I ran along the rooftops. Commander Shadis would occasionally glance back at me just to make sure I was still there and I'd just shoot looks at approaching titans to remind him of the task at hand.

The fortress was swarmed with titans just like it had been four years ago in Trost. There were too many people inside and the titans were drawn to them.

"When we land get ready to run." Commander Shadis said.

I was going to ask him what he meant but I didn't get the chance. He picked me up and then went whizzing by a titan and through a window into the fortress. We both took off in opposite directions dos the corridors as a titan reached for us through the broken window.

I hurried down the steps to the storage room, a group of soldiers in cadet uniforms were all gathered there. They were cowering in fear as the walls shook from the titans scratching at the building. I pushed past them and began gearing up, fiddling with the straps.

"Who are you?" A shaky voice asked.

"I'm Nyx, I'm a scout from 4 years ago." I replied, never once looking up from the straps I was securing around my chest and shoulders. "Are there spare trousers lying around somewhere?"

"Uh... over there." A different soldier said awkwardly as he pointed to a different supply rack.

"Good, I wouldn't want to be fighting titans in a skirt." I said as I continued getting changed, ignoring the men all watching me. If Pieck were here she'd kick their asses for it and then call on Porco to do the same.

"Fighting?" A soldier questioned.

"If you haven't noticed the city has been over run by titans. If you don't want to be eaten alive I suggest you get some O.D.M gear on and get ready to fight." I said as I began strapping up my legs. "This exact thing happened when I fought in Trost. The fortress became over run, 4 and 5 meter titans broke into the supply room and the walls upstairs were pulled down by titans."

I froze as I finished clasping the final buckle. The ground beneath me turned to sand and the ceiling was replaced with a beautiful star lit sky like I had never seen before.

"To all subjects of Ymir, my name is Eren Jaeger." Eren's voice came, filling the sand filled plain. "I'm using the power of the founding titan to address all subjects of Ymir. I've undone the hardening of all the walls in Paradis island, and all titans entrapped within them have started marching. My goal is to protect the people of Paradis, the place I was born and raised. However, the world wishes for the annihilation of my people and not just the people of this island. They will not stop until all subjects of Ymir have been eliminated. I reject that wish. The wall titans shall trample all surface of the land outside this island. Until all lives existing beyond our shores have been exterminated from this world."

I came back to reality as I collapsed to the ground, spewing blood from my lips. He connected us in a similar way to the command titan's telepathy and for some reason him establishing that connection wore me out too. As I lay on the floor in a pool of my own blood the ground shook and wouldn't stop. This wasn't normal titans either, It was colossal titans, this was the rumbling. The beginning of the end.