60

Gabi's pov

After what happened with Kaya I was taken hostage by Eren Jäeger. Apparently Nyx was missing or at the very least avoided being caught by Eren. They searched the whole restaurant for her before they took me wherever I am now.

Nyx had always walked a thin line between Marley and the island devils for as long as I had known her. It was impossible to tell who's side she was on. For all anyone knew she could be running a third side we weren't aware of.

Flashback

' I was bouncing on my heels excitedly as we entered the mess hall. We were having a party to celebrate the victory in the east, that war had finally finished thanks to an Eldian soldier. Apparently the fourth person that came back from Paradise last year was a genius, I still wasn't sure they existed.

"I heard the fourth person from paradise is coming." Falco said.

"No way, they don't exist." I said in disbelief despite having heard the same rumour.

"The party is for them, they have to attend." Udo said.

"Do you see them?" I asked as we entered the room decorated for the party.

As I looked around for anyone who could be the mysterious Eldian commander my eyes landed on a woman sat at a table reading. She was short with long ginger hair pulled into a messy braid at one side. Her skin was pale and there were freckles speckled across her face, her blue eyes were focused on her book and nothing else. She wore a dark purple-ish pinafore over a white shirt with the traditional long beige coat of a warrior. She had the red armband of an honorary Marleyan fixed on her arm. The most notable thing about her was her presence, she commanded attention, she just radiated an aura of importance.

"That's her." Zofia said as she pointed to the very same woman that had caught my eye.

"It can't be, she's too young." Udo said.

"She does look like she's the same age as Colt, maybe that's just their sister or something." Falco said.

"What are you four doing hanging around here?" Reiner asked as he appeared behind us.

"Looking for the warrior that commanded the Marleyan military." Udo replied.

"You mean Nyx?" Reiner said before scanning the room. "Nyx! Welcome back!"

"Reiner, hey!" The ginger woman said as she got up from the table, leaving her book unattended to approach us.

"Welcome back, good work in the east. There isn't an Eldian here that doesn't know what you did." Reiner said as he pulled her into a hug.

"It's not that impressive, their previous strategists was just inexperienced, that's why we were loosing." The woman said as she pulled away. "Who are they?"

"The candidates, Gabi, Falco, Udo and Zofia." Mr Galliard said pointing us each out.

"Since when were you here Mr Galliard?" I asked.

"Pieck and I just got here, figured I'd introduce you lot." Mr Galliard said.

"Pieck's here?" The woman asked as she began looking around the room for Miss Finger.