33

Nyx's pov

Levi had sent Connie and Sasha to find us a way out,

"Captain! We've secured an exit sir!" Sasha called as she slid down into view on her gear.

"Hanji's fine! Armin and Moblit too." Connie said as he followed her down.

"I'm glad to hear it." Levi said. "Let's go. We have to big ass titan to catch."

Levi pulled me to my feet and then into his chest.

"Grab on or I'll drop you to your death." Levi said as one of his arms wrapped around my waist.

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and then in a press of a button we were shooting up to the exit. I missed O.D.M gear.

"Here, let me help." Armin said as he offered me a hand.

"Thanks." I said as I let go of Levi and grabbed onto Armin.

Armin was stronger than he looked. He pulled me up with ease.

"I didn't even know you were down there. Are you okay?" Armin asked.

"Other than a lot of trauma and being slightly exhausted I'm fine." I said. "How's Hanji?"

"She's fine, she's over there if you want to talk to her." Armin said as he pointed her out.

I nodded before approaching the injured woman. I didn't know exactly what happened, I just heard them say she was hurt. When I sat down infront of her I saw the blood seeping from her shoulder.

"Hey Hanji, how you doing?" I asked.

"I could be better. Since when were you here?" Hanji asked.

"I was kidnapped earlier today by the M.Ps. Historia's dad wanted to feed Eren and I to her." I said.

"Did they shoot you?" Hanji asked as she motioned to my shoulder.

"Yeah. It's already healed though. I see they got you too." I said.

"Yeah, unfortunately it hasn't healed yet." She said as she shot me a playful glare.

"Let's see what I can do about that." I said as I leaned forwards and placed a hand on either side of the wound.

I had an ability as a titan shifter that was completely unique to me, I could put my own skin cells and blood cells into another person to heal them. It was like letting them borrow my regeneration. I had tried to teach it to Reiner but he just couldn't do it. No previous titan shifters had been able to do it either. Zeke could probably do it if he tried because of his royal blood but I was normal so this was a huge accomplishment for me even though I had never had to use it. All my friends had their own regeneration after all.

Steam rose from her skin as I healed her shoulder. She looked at me with that face she only ever made during a scientific discovery. It looked like God had just granted her unlimited power or something.

"Woah." Hanji breathed out. "That's so cool!"

I collapsed forwards in exhaustion, my head landing on her chest as I struggled to catch a breath.

"Glad you think so." I said exhausted. "I might need a bit of help getting back up after that."

"What's going on over here?" Levi asked.

"She used titan powers to heal me the same way she would herself." Hanji said excitedly.

"That's a possibility?" Levi asked.

"No. Its something exclusive to me. No other shifter has ever done it before. They think it permanently weakens my body but I don't really care." I said in between heavy breaths.

Levi let out a sigh before crouching down beside us.

"You've already exhausted yourself to the point of collapse saving all of our lives. Thank you." Levi said.

"I think you've proven you want to help us, I'll be sure to argue that point with Erwin. Hopefully I won't have to put you back in a cell." Hanji said with a smile.

"That's nice..." I trailed off, my eyes struggling to stay open.

"Get some sleep kid. We've all got the rest." Levi said.

"Thank... you..." I said before allowing myself to fall into a dreamless slumber.

Hanji's pov

I looked at the girl asleep ontop of me and ran a hand through some strands of stray hair. She looked so small and innocent asleep the way she was, like a child who had never seen the world's horrors. If only that were true.

"She looks like an innocent little child asleep like this. If only that were true. She's probably seen more hell than any of us. She doesn't like mentioning her life before now, I tried asking but she could never go into detail without getting worked up. Either way the life of a slave turned soldier isn't the life any child should endure, especially not from as young as she was." I said.

"She said she was 5 when she was flung into this didn't she? Erwin looked into her files, she was barely old enough to join the 104th. This world is hell, shouldn't have expected any less." Levi said.

"I feel bad for her almost. From what I've seen she's a kind person. She's stuck between cheerful and logical because she's been forced to grow up so quickly that she didn't have time to decide what she wanted to be. I've spent a few hours every day with her, she's genuinely likable, she reminds me of a mix between Historia and Erwin as weird as that sounds." I said.

"She's a good kid, minus being sent to kill us all." Levi said before pulling her off of me and into his arms. "Damn kid is as light as a feather, you'd think we didn't feed her."

"She doesn't do well with food. She's not used to getting fed, said she used to have to survive on one meal for two days. Apparently Marco used to have to force her to eat because she'd give her food to Sasha." I said, she spoke about it when I had brought her dinner on one of the first days of imprisonment.

I had to stay every day to make her eat. Maybe that's why she was so weak and tired all the time.

Levi picked her up and carried her over to the wagon. I followed close behind him. He lay her down and then placed a folded shirt under her head.

"Any of you brats wake her up and you'll answer to me. We all owe her our lives." Levi said.