48

Nyx's pov

Trumpets began going off to signal the curtains being about to rise. Zofia covered her ears from the noise.

"Hey, it's okay Zofia." I said as I gave her arm a reassuring squeeze.

"They're not back yet." Udo said.

"I'll try and link up with Reiner if they don't show up in the next two minutes." I said.

"Commander Magath sent me, he needs his warriors." A soldier said as they approached us.

"We won't be long, fill us in on anything we miss." I said.

"This better be important." Porco grumbled.

"Don't complain." Zeke said.

"Do you need any help Pieck?" I asked.

"No, I'm getting better without my crutches." Pieck said.

We all followed the soldier away from the stage, allowing them to lead us to wherever we were needed.

"My orders are to send you to the gate Jeager." The soldier said.

"Okay." Zeke said.

"This way you three." The soldier said before leading us around a corner.

"I feel like I've seen you before. I can't quite place you, where are you stationed?" Pieck asked.

"My unit is out West near lacoa, they needed me to help bolster security. I'm not really interested in chatting with an eldian, even if you are a warrior." They said.

I thought that was strange. Even if they were a Marleyan soldier, they all respected us for our war efforts. Even if that respect was the equivalent of that they would show a dog it was better than being treated like a normal eldian.

"Oh isn't that a shame, I was starting to take a real liking to your beard." Pieck said.

"Yeah, I rather like it. Say, if you're out West we would have worked together, I do do most of the military strategy now a days. I was out there only two months back, I guess my memory isn't as good as I though because I don't think I recognise you. Unless of course you're a newer recruits that I ordered be stationed up there" I said.

"Oh, Pieck!" A guy called.

"It's the Panzer unit! Thank you for all your work guys!" Pieck said as she launched herself forwards to hug one of the guys.

"Oh, honestly we should be thanking you." One of the guys said.

"You're in a really good mood today." Another one said.

"We all are, it's a celebration!" I said.

"Nyx, its nice to see you away from that board for a change." A guy said.

"What are you doing? Let's go." The soldier said.

"What was that?" Porco asked.