31

Nyx's pov

There was the sound of footsteps through the silence and then a male voice.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's the hold up? Whatever you're talking about we don't have time for it. Things are going straight to hell outside." He said.

"Explain. What's been going on?" Historia's father asked.

"Well the scouts started a coup d'etat and all the other regiments have taken their side. Everyone found out that old king Fritz was a fake and now his whole council's been arrested. Yup, its been a royal shit show." The man said. "Matter of time before they show up here so you best get a move on."

"Alright then, I will. Now take the anti-personnel control squad and defend the entrance at all costs." Historia's father said. "I already told you that the ceremony can't be done in the presence of you or your crew."

"Awww, Where's the trust your majesty? Did I make you mad?" The man asked.

"I'd say he's looking out for your well being, once the ceremony is over two of us will be dead." I said.

"You know what's going on?" The man asked.

"I'm very aware." I replied.

Time skip

Historia's father went off and got something and when Eren saw it he began to freak out. There was a lot of noise, explosions and gun shots from the the next room over. This place must be bigger than it looks.

"It sounds like the enemy is drawing near, we need to hurry." Historia's father said.

"Right." Historia said. "What's the matter? Why are you glaring like that?"

"Because he's realised what it is we have to do. The power his father stole for him must be returned to its rightful place. Historia, that place is with you." Historia's father said as Eren continued to struggle. "The cavern we're in now was built around a century ago using the titan power of our ancestor. The very same power was employed to build the three walls and it is thanks to those enormous walls that mankind has managed to survive. The voice of this founding titan reached out and touched the people's hearts and altered their memories forever. Understand that though a few bloodlines were exempt, even their knowledge was lost over time. Nobody knows nothing of the world before the walls, the only exception is your sister Frieda Reiss. Frieda possessed far more than just the power to become actitan, she knew what this world was once like and she knew what brought it to its current state. She was only 15 years old when she took the burden of that knowledge upon herself, it was eight years ago that she performed the ritual in this very chamber. She ate her uncle, my younger brother. In doing so Frieda inherited the founding titan and the memories of this world as her uncle had before her, as our ancestors have for a hundred years."

"Does that mean...?" Historia asked

"It's true, had she survived Frieda could have used her tremendous powers to eliminate humanity's walls with ease. In time she could have wiped the titan scourge from the face of the world butvthen his father came and stole that power away. Now that power resides within Eren but it's wasted with him. The founding titan's might can only be wielded by a member of our bloodline. As long as he remains the vessel for that power this hell will never end." Historia's father said.