39

Nyx's pov

It had been four years since I had returned home. Not much had changed for me, I hadn't gotten taller but my hair had grown, I was older now too, 19. I only had two years left to live, I'd die when I was 21.

I had also taken part in many wars. That was always fun. Marley was always at war with someone, some poor nation of people that weren't like them and so had to suffer. It was the unfortunate way this world worked. If you're different from someone else you had to fight until there was only one of you left. To be different wasn't allowed.

Once again we were fighting a war. This time against the Mid-East allied forces. All of us titans were assigned to Fort Slava, it was the climax of this whole thing and its where we'd be ending this once and for all.

I was in a trench farthest away from the shots, shouting orders to be passed through the ranks and marking up a strategy for the titan engagement.

"Commander, it's coming by now." An Eldian soldier said.

"Binoculars please." I said as I held out my hand.

The soldier handed me the binoculars and then gave me a leg up so that I could see.

"So thats an ati-titan cannon? So cool!" I said before recomposing myself. "That thing is gonna be a pain. We need it delt with swiftly before I can call in Reiner or Pock, otherwise they'll just get blown to bits."

I stepped down from where I stood and back over to my strategy table. Moving some pieces around to suit the situation and my plans. The ground shook and flung my pieces about, I groaned, bombs were a pain in my ass.

"Commander, they've destroyed the cannon!" Somekne called.

"Brilliant!" I cheered.

'Pock, you're up!' I said through the link.

'That's not my name ginger!' Porco replied.

'Too bad so sad.' I said back. 'You know what to do.'

'The same shit as always.' Porco groaned. 'Now get out of my head!'

I switched my link over to Pieck.

'Pock was so mean, go help him please. The cannons out.' I thought.

'Kill him with kindness Nyx.' Pieck said jokingly.

'He called me ginger.' I whined.

'I'll be sure to slap him, now go talk to zeke before you get into trouble.' Pieck replied.

'Sometimes I think you're the command, Nyx out!' I said.

I let out a shake breath as I sat down in the chair I was always provided. Time for my least favourite bit, calling in the titans. Poor souls to be transformed and killed against their will. I linked up with Zeke, hearing the end of a thought of his.

'Hey, the cannon is out, the air attack can come whenever. Pieck and Pock are already out on the field.' I said.

'I'll tell the commander right away. Good work Nyx.' Zeke replied.

It was only a few minutes later that I saw the light from the transformation and then felt the whole ground shake as they landed. I couldn't even look away, I had to watch for changes and give orders according to the informationI'm fed.

When Reiner hit the ground I linked myself to all of the warriors on the ground. Unfortunately they couldn't hear eachother, just me.

'Cannons, how many?' I asked Reiner.

'30.' Reiner replied.

'I trust you can handle that on your own but watch out for the anti-titan shells, they were designed for you.' I said.

'Good to know.' Reiner said.

'Pock, you've been so mean to me recently I shouldn't help you at all but Pieck is covering the left so you can finish there and back up Reiner.' I said.

'That's not a help, that's a hindrance.' Porco shot back.

'Well screw you too.' I said.

'Warn the others Nyx, they have a second anti-titan cannon on the tracks inside the walls!' Reiner called to me in panic.

'Porco look out, there's a second train inside the walls! It's going after Reiner right now so I need you to stop what you're doing and take it out. I trust you're fast enough to avoid dying.' I said.

'Thanks for the heads up, I'm on my way.' Porco said.

It was at that point I had to cut the connection, collapsing forwards coughing up blood. As I did so the flash of Zeke's transformation caught my attention.

"Commander?!" Someone exclaimed as they came to my side.

I couldn't stop coughing, blood splattering everywhere. My term was ending and I was getting weaker by the day, I couldn't handle all this titan work. My vision clouded and I allowed the black spots to take me, I could afford a rest for now.

"Commander!" Someone yelled.

They sounded so distant even though they were probably right beside me. My eyelashes took their spot on my cheeks and I just let go. Unconsciousness was always nice.