3

Nyx's pov

We had been in training for three years and now we were all fifteen or older and getting ready to graduate. Over the past three years lots had happened, I became closer friends with Marco and Jean and I became friend with Krista too.

We were all currently doing training exercises. We had to carry heavy equipment while running in the rain. I was near the back with Reiner and Armin.

"Pick up the pace you light heeled lagers!" The Commander yelled. "Your boots waterlogged Arlert?! Let's see some hustle! Gear to heavy for you son?! Well drop it, leave it in the mud! The titans will have easier work digesting you without all the execs baggage!"

"I don't believe the titans really care sir." I said.

"Shush! You're gonna get you and your big mouth in trouble again." Reiner scolded as he took Armin's bag from him.

Shadis' pov

I was watching over the cadets as they ran. I noticed Cadet Braun helping out Arlert, no wonder his fellow cadets admire him.

'Reiner Braun, the mind and constitution of a grass fed ox, respected by his comrades'

'Armin Arlert, built like a daffodil but academically brilliant.'

'Nyx Betzner, mouthy but with an eye for strategy that could rival Erwin's'

Time skip

I was watching the cadets training on the O.D.M gear, slicing the napes of the life sized titan cutouts.

'Annie Leonheart, gifted with a sword but doesn't exactly play well with others.'

'Bertholdt Hoover, heaps of native talent but too mild mannered.'

'Jean Kirstine, head of the class on O.D.M also an insufferable smart ass with a hair trigger temper.'

'Sasha Brouse, unusually fine instincts, rarely shares them with her teammates.'

'Connie Springer, agile on the switch backs, a few sandwiches shy of a picnic.'

'Mikasa Akerman, model cadet, excels in everything in fact it's no overstatement to call the girl a genius.'

'Eren Jeäger, lacklustre in the classroom, marginally better in the field but driven by a sense of purpose that's almost terrifying.

Nyx's pov

We were doing hand to hand combat training and I was trying to convince Bertholdt to train me.

"Please Bertholdt, I really need the help." I said.

"Nyx, I not really good at this either." Bertholdt said. "Try Reiner."

"He's busy harassing Annie with Eren which is why I need you to help me. Besides, Reiner would kick my but." I said.

"No." Bertholdt said.

"Yes." I said.

"Nyx, please don't make me." Bertholdt said.

"Bert, please don't make me make you." I said.

Bertholdt sighed and shook his head.

"Fine." Bertholdt said.

"Yay! I knew I could count on you old friend! You've never let me down before!" I said.

"Yeah, well, I kind of have to do what you say." Bertholdt said.

"That doesn't mean you don't love me." I said. "Now take this knife thingy and teach me how to fight!"

Time skip

At dinner I once again sat with Jean and Marco. As usual Jean and Eren were fighting.

"They never stop, do they?" I said to Marco and he nodded in agreement.

"I don't think your head would fit in the interior anyways." Eren said to Jean.

I had to clamp a hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing, everyone else in the room were also doing their best no to laugh.

"Very funny." Jean said in annoyance.

"It seems pretty backwards to me fine tuning your titan killing skills so the brass will station you somewhere you'll never see one." Eren stated.

"You'd rather I was good at getting killed? Thank you but I'll pass. Better to play the system than get nawed on." Jean replied.

"You son of a bitch!" Eren yelled as he stood up from his seat.

"Bring it on you little bastard!" Jean yelled standing up.

Eren grabbed Jeans shirt but was stopped by Mikasa.

"Gentle men please." Mikasa said.

"You think you can judge me!!" Jean yelled in rage as he ignored Mikasa and grabbed Eren's shirt.

"You rip my shirt and you're dead!!" Eren yelled in response.

"I don't give a damn about your shirt, you piss me off!!" Jean yelled again.

"What, are you crazy!!" Eren yelled in replie.

Eren then grabbed Jeans wrist and pushed his hand against Jeans chest before kicking his legs out from under him in one swift movement, using his hand that was on jeans chest to push him backwards.

Everyone was in shock at what Eren just did. That was one of Annie's moves, I guess annoying her worked in his favour.

"Damn it, what the he'll was that move?!" Jean asked as he began to get up.

"A little something I picked up this afternoon while you were busy with your thumb up your ass. You honestly believe the Military Police are your ticket to the good life?! You're not a soldier you-" Eren was cut off by the door opening about 1/3 of the way.

"Would someone care to explains the little ruckus I heard just now? I do hope everything's alright." The Commander said from the doorway.

Eren and Jean went back to their seats and Everyone was silent. I was about to throw myself under the bus but Mikasa beat me to it.

"Sasha passed some gas commander." Mikasa said.

"Why am I not surprised, for the love of god learn some self control." The Commander said before he closed the door and disappeared.

It took everything I had not to laugh after that one, the way they were both so serious when talking about it just made it funny.

"Don't laugh Nyx, he'll come back." Marco whispered to me.

"I- I'm trying." I replied.