55

Nyx's pov

The next morning I was escorted by Hanji to the main military base where Premire Zachary worked. I was brought to a meeting room that had all of the military branch commanders, the Premier, a group from Hiruzu, Mikasa and Historia who appeared to be pregnant.

As soon as I entered the room the woman from Hiruzu stood and bowed. She then came over and hugged me tightly.

"Your hair, you're the Betzner heir. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, I'm Kiyomi Azumabito." The woman said.

"My name is Nyx Betzner, I'm the only remaining member of the Betzner family and the host of the command Titan. I don't have much time left so it's time I give the people of this world some answers." I said. "When Armin said he could get my conditions met I didn't think he could do it so quickly."

"Well we're all here young lady." Pixis said.

"What do you need to inform us about?" The Premiere asked. "And why did you need these specific people?"

"As the years have passed the truthes of paradis and King Fritz have been simplified more and more. Word of mouth dilutes stories the more they're told. My father was vague but he told me the only way the truth was to be passed to someone who wasn't my child was if it was to this specific group of people. Apparently Yimir had a vision of an Akerman, an Oriental and her decendent in a room being preached to by a woman with hair as bright as fire. The only family with hair that colour is my own." I explained. "That is why Yimir has entrusted my family with so much over the years."

"So we're here because of a 100 year old vision." The M.P commander said.

"It's been much longer than 100 years, it's closer to 2,000. I'm not allowed to divulge everything, there are some things I'm not allowed to detail but I hope that something I'm allowed to say will be of use." I said.

"So this could be a waste of time?" Mikasa asked.

"It depends on how you interpret it. Just listen and make of it what you will. I don't actually understand what some of this means, so hopefully it means something to someone here." I replied. "I'm just going to repeat the story I was told as I was told it."

"Please, go ahead." Pixis said.

"There once was a girl named Yimir born in a simple village without allies. The king Fritz of the eldian people plundered such villages and took their inhabitants as slaves. They killed Yimir's parents and chopped off her tongue to make her an obedient slave. In captivity Yimir did her best to please the king and follow orders but she had sympathy to all living beings and released some pigs that were held in just as bad as conditions as Yimir and her people were. As punishment for what she did the king ordered Yimir to be set free and chased by hunters like the pigs she released. She was to be killed for sport. While running away Yimir fell into some kind of underground lake where she was met by a never seen before entity. She emerged from that lake as a giant creature with a skull for a head lashing out at her hunters. When she reverted to normal she went back to her master where he put her to good use." I said. "Yimir cultivated lands and built bridges as well as help the Eldians win their wars, suppressing the Marleyan forces. She was rewarded for her efforts by becoming the mother of king Fritz's children. They had three daughters, Maria, Rose and Sina. Time passed and someone attempted to assassinate king Fritz. Yimir, still his slave, shielded him from attack with her body. She collapsed fatally wounded to the ground while King Fritz ordered her to rise. When he realised she was dead he chopped up Yimir's body and fed it to his three young daughters insisting that the power had to be passed down for Eldia's success. He demanded that the same be done with his daughters and their descendants when they died. That's how titans came to be."