4

Nyx's pov

It was the night of our graduation we were all standing in rows the top ten at the front I barely made it into the top ten but I managed. I was graduating 10th but it didn't really matter since I was planing to join the scouts anyway.

"DO YOU HAVE HEART?!" The Commander yelled.

"Sir!!" The entirety of the 104th cadet corps replied doing a salute.

"AS OF THIS MOMENT YOU HAVE THREE OPTIONS OPEN TO YOU CHOSE WISELY!! THE GARRISON REGIMENT WHOSE JOB IS TO REINFORCE THE WALLS, THE SCOUT REGIMENT WHO RIDES OUT TO TITAN COUNTRY TO TAKE BACK WHAT WAS ONCE OURS AND THE M.P REGIMENT WHO MAINTAIN LAW AND ORDER UNDER ORDERS FROM HIS ROYAL MAJESTY!! THOSE CADETS ELIGIBLE FOR THE M.P HAVE ALREADY BEEN NAMED!!! THE REST OF YOU TAKE A LOOK, THESE ARE THE TOP OF YOUR CLASS!!" The Commander yelled.

Time skip

We were all in the mess hall celebrating our graduation and having dinner of course Marco, Jean and I were celebrating together as were most other friend groups.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" Thomas yelled causing everyone to turn and stare at him, Eren, Mikasa and Armin.

"How many people have died? We're talking a city of the population, if that doesn't paint a picture for you I don't know what will. This is our life now, we can't beat them." Thomas finished.

"Yeah, so what? We buckle, take it all lying down. Things have changed, maybe not a hell of a lot but enough. They aren't the mystery they were five years ago. There's still a long way to go but we've made progress. Every battle we lost taught us a lesson, games us the tiniest in road towards something like hope. You telling me it's better to cut our loses, let all the death and destruction be meaningless, just to ball it up and accept it?! Not on your life! Humanities future lies outside the walls and I'm gonna clear the way, I'm gonna take back what was ours, I'll drive them out and as long as at least one of us can say that we're not done!" Eren ranted before walking out.

We all slowly went back to our conversations but the atmosphere was a lot less cheery this time around. I could tell just by looking at certain people that they were reconsidering their regiment choice after taking into consideration what Eren just said.

Time skip

The next day we were on duty in Trost, I had snuck away from my group to wait on the walls for Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt.

"Nyx, sorry we're late, it was hard to get away from everyone." Reiner said.

"Were any of you followed?" I asked.

"No, I made sure of that." Annie replied.

"Good, are you ready Bertholdt?" I asked.

"Yeah." Bertholdt replied. "Can we go over it again though?"

"Annie and Reiner will wait up here as lookouts with extra jackets incase we loose them. They're really just here because we can't have Reiner spotted without you or people will get suspicious." I explained. "We're going to go down there and transform at the same time. You'll kick in the gate and I'll order the titans to the hole. Then we use our gear to get out of there and get back to our squads as soon as possible. We can't ruin our cover so try to act as panicked as everyone else when you get back."

"Okay." Bertholdt said.

"Good luck, be safe." Reiner said.

"We'll be quick, none of my plans have ever failed before, that's why we're here in the first place." I said. "Now let's go!"

I then jumped off the edge of the wall and free fell for a little.

"Nyx!" My fellow warriors called in worry.

I waited until I was almost in a titan's mouth before using my gear to grapple up onto the side of the wall. I had to wait a few minutes for Bertholdt to lower himself down to me.

"Now come on slow poke, there's a squad at the top of the walls by the gate in charge of cannons. I think Eren is there so don't be surprised if he tries to kill you, just get out of there quick. Be prepared to destroy the cannons for us, keep in touch via my link if things go wrong." I said. "Oops, I'm talking too much again, bad habit."

Bertholdt nodded before we started grappling along to the gates, I stop long before Bertholdt did to avoid being crushed by his transformation. I mean, he was 60 meters tall and I was only 12 meters.

I held my hand up as high as I could before swinging it down as a signal to transform. I then dug my nails into my hand and dropped from the wall, taking on my titan form.

I inherited the command Titan, a titan that linked the minds of all other titans together and had the ability to control the lot.

I watched as Bertholdt swatted at the top of the wall. I connected one of my tentacle like tubes from my chest to a nearby pure titan to defend me while I worked. I watched in anticipation as Bertholdt drew back his foot and then kicked in the gate. I then let out a roar, ordering the pure titans to go through the newly created gap. I knew if I left them they'd still go but they'd probably be slower and not enough would come.

'Come on Bertholdt, let's go.' I thought.

'I can't, Eren is attacking.' Bertholdt thought back.

'Release some steam and drop out of the nape, I'll stand under you for you to grapple onto and then we can go back to where Reiner and Annie are waiting.' I thought.

'Got it.' Bertholdt thought before the link closed, meaning he had left his titan form.

I waited a minute before I felt a hook in my right arm. Bertholdt then swung around to stand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure one titan is enough to defend us?" Bertholdt asked.

"If one gets past this 15 meter then I'll just take control of it too." I said as I began walking along the side of the wall.

"Your ability to talk in this form always creeps me out." Bertholdt said.

"My ability is litteraly using my voice to take command of titans, that means full access to my vocal chords." I said.

I then pressed my back against the wall and sat down. I was quick to pull myself out of the nape as steam began to rise.

"Now let's hurry and get back in while everything is in chaos." I said.