32

Nyx's pov

For some reason Historia still hadn't transformed.

"What's wrong Historia, are you scared? All you have to do is inject the liquid into your body." Historia's father said.

"Wait... father, for a hundred years we had the power but we didn't use it. Why didn't our family do something? If we could control the titans why didn't we liberate humanity?" Historia asked.

"That's because the same king who built this world within the walls for humanity wanted us to live in fear of the titans for all of time. The first king deemed this to be the only path to lasting peace. I can't tell you why because only those who have seen the world's memory can know. Many years ago my brother and I pleaded with my father to free humanity from the titans. We asked him time and time again, however he would not fulfill our wish. Eventually the time came for one of us to succeed him, when my brother completed the ritual and I looked into his eyes I understood. My brother wasn't there, he had become something greater, an omniscient being exempt from death who built and looks over the world that we live in. Do you know what such a being is called? God. There is no other word aside from God. Now it's my duty to bring God back to this world and offer up my prayers. I'm praying right now Historia for God to return and great mankind once again." Historia's father said.

There was suddenly a crash and the sound of smashing glass. Historia must have decided she wasn't going to eat us. Thank God.

"What have you done!?" Historia's father yelled.

"God my ass! If it's such an honour to become him then why didn't you do it yourself!? You're talking shit and I'm not going to let you murder me!" Historia yelled.

"Good going Historia, I knew you had a good head on you." I said as I smiled and heard her run by me towards Eren.

"That's the spirit! This is getting good!" Kenny said from the ceiling.

"What the hell are you doing Historia?" Eren asked.

"Setting you free." Historia replied.

"No, you can't! If you don't kill me then everyone else will keep suffering. Just eat me already damn it! I can't live like this!" Eren said.

"Shut up Dumbass, quit your crying. I don't care! I don't care about killing all the titans and I don't care about freeing mankind either! I'm starting to get sick of humanity! I say let 'em get wiped out by titans! If that makes me an enemy of humanity then so be it! I don't care if I'm the worst girl
Who's ever lived! You get the hell out of here, I'll deal with the rest." Historia said as I heard the sound of chains rattling.

There was then a flash of light before a huge titan began forming. Much bigger than even the colossal. This man had just screwed us all. I somehow managed to roll myself backwards to a staircase without being crushed to death.

"Aaahhh!" I shrieked as the wind from the transformation sent me flying into a wall.

"Who was that?!" I heard Jean ask.

"Nyx! She was still on the ground. Nyx! Where are you!" Historia exclaimed. "She's chained up, she can't run! You have to help her!"

I heard the sound of footsteps and was then met by Levi holding a set of keys.

"Where's the lock brat?" Levi asked me.