Chapter 3

A/N

This takes place two months after the school reopens

Sam's pov-

We moved into our apartment two months after we finished staying at our aunts'. The apartment is actually bigger than I thought it'll be. It even has an upstairs! It's surprising because we don't have all that stuff in the south. Speaking of the south, Sarah hasn't brought up our half brother ever since I told her to drop it. I'm grateful for that but it's clear that she wants to talk about it. In fact, our father had the audacity to write us a letter about the situation. We found out our half brothers' name is Eric. Our father really is making things worse. My mother said she was fine but it's clear that she isn't. Our aunt comes twice a week to come check on us. My aunt really is the best, she let me borrow one of her cars in order for me to get to places. My dad taught me how to drive when I was 16, I'm 18 now. Well I turned 18 six months ago. It wasn't the best birthday since I found out about my dad's second relationship. It hurt a lot because I thought we were all 'the perfect family' but no, anything perfect always has a sad ending. 

Sarah and I haven't been going to school because we haven't had the time to look for a school, nor has our mother. A few days ago my aunt told me she registered Sarah and I to Shield Academy. It looks like a nice school, I'm both nervous and excited at the same time. In my last school, lgbtq people get mistreated so I'm thrilled I moved. It was worse for me because I'm 'that black guy who's gay'. I hope this school is okay with the community. My last relationship ended in a mess. My ex, Riley, cheated on me with this other dude. Ever since then I've decided I shouldn't be in a relationship for a while. I learned to cope with it anyways.

As I was getting ready to go to school, my mother came up to my room and stood at the front door. "I wouldn't be home tonight so I kept some food out for you and Sarah" I looked up from my dresser and said " Where are you going?" "I met someone from the bar last week, I've been texting him and he invited me over" Oh yeah, have I mentioned that my mom started going to the bar and drinking ever since my father started sending letters? Like I said, he's making things worse. It was silent for a while until my mom spoke up again, " use the car your aunt gave you to drive y'all to school k?" I sighed "okay".

While I was waiting for Sarah to finish getting ready, I made us breakfast and packed her some lunch so she'll have something to eat later on while she's at school. I'll just buy some snacks on the way to school for myself. "Ouu is that for me?" Sarah said as she came downstairs gesturing to the packed lunch, "of course not, I just packed it to trash it on our way out" I said as I set up the table for us to eat breakfast. "Aww you didn't have to" she said as she put her lunch into her school bag, walking over to the table. "So where's mom?" Sarah asked as she took a bite from her toasted bread, butter getting on the side of her face. "She's out with someone" Sarah looked up from her breakfast and asked, "who?" I shrugged "she didn't say a name but it's a he" I replied, taking a bite from my own toasted bread. "Oh" Sarah said quietly. The rest of the breakfast was quiet. It was quiet as we rode to school, it was quiet as we stopped at a store so I could buy a snack, it was even quiet when I pulled up to the school. We're both in high school, I'm in 12th grade and she's in 10th. We both got out of the car and started walking towards the school. As we walked people kept staring at us, I mean we're basically strangers here.

The front office is at the front before you start to enter the whole building. It's a 3 story building with the 9th graders on the first floor, the 10th and the 11th graders on the second, and the 12th on the third. The floors are made of tiles but in some rooms the floors are made of rugs. The outside of the building is grey, with some weird looking shapes around it. The colors of the walls are light blue but in some rooms, there's some walls that are red, yellow, dark purple, light purple, grey, green, and orange. There are trophies on the walls, in and outside of the classroom. The compound is really big with a great view not that far ahead. 

I'll admit it, New York is a great place, much bigger than my hometown but I would love to just go back to Louisiana. I'm 18 and I can drive, what's stopping me? School is. When I finish 12th grade here, I'll just go back to Delacroix and buy a little apartment, maybe even get a pet bird. Yeah that sounds nice.

My thoughts got cut off when - I looked at his I.D card - Mr. Fury handed me my schedule/locker number and then handed Sarah hers, while he stood up so he could walk us to our first class. As we were walking down the long empty hallway (the kids must've gone to class already) I either saw some students' names and pictures as the best honor roll students or some students who had already graduated from here. I also saw some pictures of some teachers.

We dropped off Sarah at her class before we continued our way to my class, but before that, I made sure to say bye to Sarah. As we made it to my class I grew more nervous. Mr. Fury opened the front door and spoke to the teacher. The teacher looked at me and smiled so I had no other choice but to smile back. This is very awkward. Mr. Fury then left and the teacher - who I don't know what their name is yet - started speaking. "Samuel Thomas Wilson, right?" I nodded. It took everything in me for me not to say 'I prefer being called Sam'. The teacher smiled and rubbed his hand together, "well then Samuel, I'm Mr. Pym. Why don't you go sit between Steve and Natasha? Steve, Natasha stand up please so this young gentlemen will know who you are" I turned to look at the class awkwardly as I saw a short red-headed girl and a tall muscular blonde boy standing. I walked over to them as Mr. Pym started talking to the class again. 

As I sat down the boy named Steve leaned to my desk and said - in a low voice so Mr. Pym wouldn't hear him - "hey, I'm Steve". The red-head snorted and said - also in a low voice - I think he knows that already dumbass, Mr. Pym said it loud and clear". Steve rolled his eyes "whatever Nat, shut up" he said. Natasha laughed before greeting me. The three of us chatted and laughed for the rest of the class. They're chill, at least now I have not one, but two people to talk to here. I wonder how Sarah's doing, I hope she made some friends already.

As we were leaving to go to the next class, Steve asked me, " Can I see your schedule?" I handed it to him as I stood up from my chair. Natasha came up to us as Steve was still reading my schedule. She snatched the paper out of his hand so she could read it. "Hey!" Steve said, frowning. "Sweet! I have next class with pretty boy" she said smiling as she handed me my schedule back. She grabbed my arm, dragging me out of the classroom and said, half way out of the class, " First we'll go to my locker then yours then to class", then she added, " See ya at lunch Steve!"

"Whatever" Steve said, rolling his eyes but there was no real hate behind it nor in his tone of voice. I chuckled, shaking my head, letting her drag me.

A/N

Third chapter done<33

I made an author's note before I started writing just to let y'all know that it's 2 months apart now so y'all wouldn't be confused (They're 2 months into school and Sam barely got into school)

For anyone who didn't know, Mr. Fury is Nick Fury and Mr. Pym is Hank Pym :))

Sam and Natasha friendship is literally everything I love them <333

We definitely need more of the trio: Steve, Sam, and Natasha

I'm going to clear this up now: classes start at 7, they stay in one class for two hours, then lunch starts at 12... it's simple math but like no one likes to do math so go along with it if you want (but if you actually do the math, you'll get how many classes they have before lunch)  =)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter<3