Chapter 19

Sam's pov-

School had started up again, so Eric stayed for a few more weeks before he returned to Louisiana.

It was weird how our father and his mother let him travel alone at 15.

I guess it's just luck.

A stupid one.

Before heading back to Louisiana, Eric had spoken to me about Sarah and me coming home after the school year ends. 

"Sam."

I turned to Eric, who was waiting for his plane, "what's up?"

"Uh- thank you for driving me to the airport. It's a long way here."

I grinned, walking over to him. I pulled him into a side hug before saying, "it's no problem, Eric."

I looked down before speaking again, "Hey, um, I want to apologize for how I treated you when you first came here."

Eric shook his head, "It's okay. Your mother though-" Eric paused, chuckling a little.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling a little too, "tell me about it."

Eric looked at me, "Y'know, you and Sarah can come live in Louisiana again after you finish school, of course."

I took a second to reply, actually thinking of saying 'yes' right away.

But then my mind drifted to Bucky.

I can't just leave him.

I looked at Eric, who was already looking at me, waiting for a response, "I- well, I'll think about it. New York is a great place." I said, looking around.

It wasn't a lie. New York is a great place, just a little too crowded.

"Mhmm, okay. If that's the reason," Eric said, shaking his head with a slight smile on his face.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. Think carefully about it, Sam."

                                                                                  *****

On Tuesday, I decided I wanted to speak to Bucky about the whole Louisiana situation.

I wanted to get his opinion. 

It was 4:30 pm when Bucky came over to study for the upcoming exams that are in four months.

About two hours into studying, I unhesitatingly brought it up.

"Eric brought up Sarah and me going back to Louisiana."

Bucky looked up from his workbook, "And?"

"And I'm thinking of actually going back."

I saw his expression change a bit, "you are?"