Chapter 13

Sam's pov-

As I was getting ready to go to school, I thought back to the conversation I had with Bucky's mom -

"You're very handsome," she said. I nervously chuckled, "thank you, Ms. Barnes."

"Oh please, call me Winnifred, you'll make me seem old when you call me Ms. Barnes," she chuckled, then added, "you're here for James, right? Yeah, so are you... both going on a date? Because if so, that's very wrong. Don't get me wrong, you're very handsome for my son, but he already has a girlfriend, and as you might know, cheating is not the right thing to do" I immediately looked up at her, "o-oh no! I'm dating someone else."

"Oh, good! So I'm guessing you both are just friends then?" I nodded, "yes, we're just friends." She hummed, " I suppose you want to help with James's 19th birthday party that's in about three weeks then?"

His birthday is in 3 weeks??!

"uh, sure! I-I'm happy to help anytime," she clapped her hands, "great! Here's my number-" she gave me a card - it looks like a business card, "and call me when you're ready to start planning with us" I furrowed my eyebrows "um, who's the rest?" I asked. "Just a few family members and Isabella, other people are usually busy around this time, so I'm glad you agreed." her face then lit up "oh! Do you want to see James as a baby?" I smiled, "sure."

We spent most of the time laughing and joking at his baby pictures until he came down, of course.

To be honest, his mother is super chill. I wish I can say the same for my mother.

Just then, Sarah came into my room, "are you ready yet? You're taking forever, so I made us a little breakfast. I already ate mine, though, so don't let yours get cold." I smiled at her, "Thanks, Sar."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Hurry up, Sam," she said, smiling as she walked away.

I finished getting ready and went downstairs to eat the breakfast she made for me.

Our mother hasn't been home for a day now, so there's no need to worry about her being drunk right now. She did apologize for her actions that happened a month back, but she's still with Jay, and she still acts that way at times. It's whatever. Not really, but I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say.

Our aunt usually comes over when our mother isn't home. That's good, I guess but, they've argued a lot lately. Mostly because our aunt came over multiple times when our mother was in a drunken state.

"Let's go, Sam! It's 6:48. We're going to be late for class if we stay any longer." Sarah said, grabbing her bag and opening the door, waiting for me to follow her.

Oh shit. I lost track of time. I got up from the chair I was sitting on and went to get my bag.

\

Sarah and I got into the car, and I drove us to the school. We were a little late, but it wasn't that much of a big deal. 

The first and second periods were pretty much the same. The first period was just Steve, Natasha, and I messing around, leading to Steve getting caught, leading to him being embarrassed, leading to Natasha and I laughing again.

The second period was just Natasha and me, joking around and getting our work done at the last minute.

Natasha and I were waiting for Steve to come out of his second-period class so we can walk together to go to the lunchroom. Natasha had to use the bathroom, so I stood by some lockers, waiting for both Steve and Natasha.