Chapter 4

Bucky's pov-

As I was walking out of my class with my friends - although I don't really consider them as friends, they're a part of the "popular" crew and like I said before, I have to keep up an act before I receive some lame ass sympathy - I spotted this guy talking with Natasha. Natasha and I are friends, she knows that the way I act at school isn't really how I act. She's not exactly supportive of it though. The guy said something which made Nat laugh. Damn first day here and he managed to make 'The Natasha' laugh? That's kind of impressive. My eyes trailed down his body involuntarily. He was wearing a red plaid shirt with some black jeans, in addition, he was also undeniably muscular. Not to mention his sharp jawline and his beautiful smile. I wonder what that a- wait no. Why am I even thinking this? I literally have a girlfriend. I wouldn't lie though, I do find him attractive and I guess that's okay because anyone can find another person attractive right? 

Before I could continue that train of thought, Bryan, one of the guys I hang out with spoke, " Bucky? Buck you coming?" I turned to them realizing I've been staring at the new kid way longer than I should've. " uh..yeah". Jacob looked at me and smirked while the rest of them started walking down the hallway. "What?" I said. "The new kid's kinda hot, right?" Jacob asked, still smirking. Jacob's gay by the way ( a/n i don't usually write this in the middle of a chapter but lmaoo that rhymes okay back to the story..) and the group is okay with it, unless he does something out of line, which they'll tell him to fuck off, when that happens, which is rude. Jacob's the one I'm most closest to in the group, he kind of understands me in a way and he's not a total asshole like the others are. I looked at the floor then answered, " I'm...I'm straight", then I added, "and I have Isabella ''. Jacob chuckled, " never said you were anything other than straight, but then again why were you staring at that new guy like he's the water you see after walking for a long time in the desert?"

I looked up at him fast and spoke up immediately, " I was not! I-I wasn't even...I wasn't even looking at him! Yeah, yeah I wasn't. I was looking inside Natasha's locker. She has a lot of interesting stuff in there. You should see it". I'm not completely lying, Nat does have a lot of interesting things in her locker. Jacob laughed, " Yeah okay. I think he's hot, I might even be able to pull him" Jacob said, looking at me with intensity, as if he was waiting to see what my reaction would be. I scoffed then said, "yeah good luck with that".

My next class was with Jacob so I might not hear the end of this. We said bye to the crew before making our way to class. As we made our way into the classroom, Mrs. Smith handed us a worksheet for us to work with throughout this class period while she taught us. Half way through class I started to zone out. Was I really staring at the new guy like that? He truly is beautiful - so fucking beautiful - but it's like a friendly compliment, right? Yeah I guess so. Isabella wouldn't mind if I called him beautiful, even if she should be worried but I guess it's like a friendly thing. It definitely wouldn't affect our relationship. Speaking of Isabella, I haven't seen her at all today. I suppose I'll see her during lunch time. 

My mind started drifting off back to the new kid. He was truly beautiful. No, no he is truly beautiful. His eyes, jawline, nose, even his lips. Oh his lips. I wonder what they feel lik- "James...James!" I snapped out of my thoughts as Mrs.Smith kept calling my name. "...yes?" I said in an embarrassed tone, mostly because of my thoughts before Mrs.Smith rudely interrupted them, but also because all eyes were on me. " Have you finished the worksheet I handed you?" she said as she tapped her foot on the floor, impatiently. "Um..no?" I said as some of the kids in the room started laughing. What's so funny? Goodness, what's up with high school teens these days. I almost started laughing at my own thoughts, almost. " Then I suggest you start on them because you'll be handing them back to me after class, '' Mrs.Smith said as she turned back around and started teaching again. Jeez, teachers these days. I turned to Jacob's desk - which was three rows behind me and he gave me a knowing smirk as I rolled my eyes.

As class ended, Jacob came up to me " does the new guy have that much of an effect on you already?", he said, smirking again. "Shut up. I wasn't even thinking of him", I said, rolling my eyes, slightly picking up my pace. "Oh yeah? Then what? What were you thinking about?" Jacob said, chuckling as he saw me walking faster. "...I-...Isabella. I was thinking of my girlfriend. Sorry if I get a little carried away thinking of her", I said, with confidence. Jacob hummed, shaking his head. Just then Bryan, Joseph, Kevin, Jordan, Raymond, and Nick came walking up to us. " Hey guys!" Jacob said, smiling brightly. "Hey" they all said. "Let's get going" Bryan said as he began walking away, the rest following. I followed shortly after, trying to remove the image of the new kid out of my head. 

As we made our way to the cafeteria, I saw the new kid sitting and chatting with both Steve and Natasha. I so badly want to go sit with them. I usually don't hang out with Steve around school because of the way he treats me, acting like I'm this kid who needs help. I don't need help. I also don't like it when I'm being treated like a child - I'm literally turning 19 in three months! " Bucky!" Steve screamed my name as the group and I walked past their table. The group stopped as I turned around, embarrassed. "What?" I said, trying so hard not to look at the new kid - before I get star-struck again. "Hey Buck! Have you seen the new kid, Sam? Sam this is Bucky, Bucky this is Sam" Steve said all smiley. Sam, his name is Sam. I looked over at him - Sam - and saw him giving me a small smile. Oh please, kill me already. His smile is so fucking beautiful. " Buck, we don't have time for this, let's go", Bryan said, impatiently, the rest of the group agreeing, except for Jacob of course. Even Jacob himself looks star-struck by Sam. Steve furrowed his eyebrows at them once Bucky started to turn around, Natasha just simply rolled her eyes, "Bucky?" Steve said. I turned around and said " I don't have time for this, Steve." I then turned to Sam and said," nice meeting you...whatever your name is" Oh please, of course I know what his name is but it's all for the act. I looked up and saw Sam's face, he looked confused and slightly embarrassed, I just wanted to kiss away all the confusion- no, no I didn't mean that. I looked away from him quickly and started following the group as they laughed at the last thing I said to Sam. 

Jacob didn't seem pleased though. In fact, Jacob kept looking back at Sam, as if he was trying to get his attention. 

As Sam looked towards our table, Jacob immediately smiled at him and Sam smiled back. What the hell is Jacob up to now?!

A/N

Chapter 4 done <33

Bucky's being an asshole rn, he's in his feelings :p

Feel free to comment, let me know how you feel about this book (Or you can comment about anything in general like how ur day was because like I have nothing to do and I need friends- so don't be shy<333)

What do you think Jacob's up to?

What do you think about Buckys' and Jacobs' friendship?

What do you think about Bryan?

Hope you enjoyed reading <3