Chapter 7

Bucky's pov-

A few weeks have passed since Sam gave me his number. We don't really talk that much at school, the reason being is that I'm usually hanging out with 'the crew'. Sam dislikes them, I don't blame him, the school found out about him being gay - no one knows how they found out - and 'the crew' usually makes jokes to him about it. It's really fucked up and weird considering that they don't really joke like that with Jacob. Sam often gets mad at me for not doing shit about it, but I do, I tell them to fuck off and leave him alone, but they just laugh. Stupid dramatic teens. 

We routinely text every night and when we do, I feel so enraptured. I habitually find myself smiling when he texts, when someone mentions his name, even when he's around. It's strange really, feeling this way. I even felt butterflies when Mr. Strange partnered me with him for the year instead of partnering him with Steve. It's really sick. Why am I feeling like this? I've never really felt this way towards a...boy. Sure I've found other boys attractive but this, this is so much different. Not only that, I have a girlfriend, and I..I love..her, yeah I love her.

Right now, it's a Sunday morning and I'm just laying in bed, staring at my ceiling, thinking about what Samuel Thomas Wilson has done to me. Or maybe...just thinking about him, without the rest of the details. I've decided to message him after bickering with myself if I should or shouldn't.

Me: Goodmorning, Sam. Hope you slept well :)

I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom. I did my business before looking at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess, I wore a plain black shirt with blue sweatpants. I decided to take a shower to clear my mind. I turned on the water before stripping out of my clothes. As I stepped in the shower, the hot water hit my body and for a second it felt like all my problems went away. But of course my thoughts had to come back and ruin the moment. I finished showering and got out wrapping the towel around my waist.

I put on one of my hoodies and put on another pair of blue sweatpants. I walked back to my bed and picked up my phone as I noticed I had a notification.

Birdbrain: Hey! Good Morning, I slept well, you?

I smiled as I read the text and began typing-

Me: I slept well as well, thanks.

I turned around as I heard a knock on my door, "come in", I said. Rebecca came in, " breakfast's ready", she said as she walked out of the door. I was just about to walk out of my room when I heard my phone beeped. I looked down at it and saw a message from Sam.

Birdbrain: That's good. I'm not busy today so if you're not busy...

Birdbrain: Wanna hang out?

Me: Sure! Where and what time??

I was excited to see Sam again since I didn't see him on Saturday. But I was also somewhat nervous. Why the hell would I be nervous? It's just Sam.

Birdbrain: Wherever...we can just walk around a park or do something else like that lol and uhh like in 30 minutes? If you're free that is.

Me: Sure! I'll send you my address so you can come up here then we can leave

Birdbrain: sure

30 minutes?! How the hell am I supposed to be ready in thirty fucking minutes?! I rushed to my closet and pulled so many clothes out. I started searching for something nice to wear. Wait. Why do I want to dress nice all of a sudden? Still, I kept searching. "James! Where are you?! Come down here and eat your own breakfast before it gets cold!" my ma yelled. "I'm coming ma!" I yelled back as I pulled out my red Calvin Klein shirt and a black jeans. This is good... right? I changed into them and sent Sam my address before running down the stairs, but not before I put my shoes on and fixed my hair.