Chapter 17

Bucky's pov-

It was around 10:15 am on a Saturday when I decided to get out of bed.

My ma had gone to a meeting around seven and wouldn't be back until dinner time. Who knew what they discussed in meetings for it to take this long.

Rebecca had stayed at a friend's house last night, so she wasn't home either. She practically begged ma for her to stay at her friend's place until she gets out of the meeting.

Which I'm not complaining about, I got the house all to myself until 7:30.

~

I messaged Sam good morning before heading off into the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth before stripping out of my clothes, wanting to feel the hot water against my skin already.

~

About 12 minutes later, I stepped out of the shower, grabbing two towels, one small one for my hair and the other for my waist.

I walked out, heading over to my closet. 

I got out one of my grey sweatpants with a plain white shirt before putting them on. I had the towel still on my hair, trying to dry it off while I walked over to my phone. I turned it on, seeing a message from both Isabella and Sam.

Birdbrain: Good morning! How'd you sleep?

Isabella🤍: We need to talk.

What did Isabella want to talk about? Why'd she texted it like that? Does she want to break up?

I didn't know how to feel. I mean, I know I'll be slightly heartbroken when we do break up. We've been dating for about a year and some months - about to be two - so it'll be pretty sad if we break up, even though we barely acted like a couple. I mean, until the first year and the second month, we were... perfect. I still don't know where it went wrong. Maybe when Kim came along? That's probably it.

I decided to answer Isabella first-

Me: Sure. What's up?

I then answered Sam-

Me: I slept good, you?

I put my phone down but not a second later, Isabella responded-

Isabella🤍: Can I come over?

Me: Yeah, ma and Rebecca ain't here

Isabella🤍: Great. I'll be there in a bit. I gotta help Caleb with something.

Me: It's cool. Take your time. Tell Caleb I said hi.

Isabella🤍: okay

~

About 2 hours later, I heard a knock on the door.

Before that, Sam and I had been on facetime since we couldn't meet up today. We were talking about random things while I waited for Isabella to get here.

At last, she did come.

I went over to the door and opened it, revealing Isabella standing there with an unhappy look on her face. "uh, hey," I said. "Hey...babe," she said. I nervously chuckled, confused by her weird behavior, before I pulled her into a hug. "What happened?" I asked, pulling away. "Can we sit down?" I furrowed my eyebrows, nodding my head. "Here, come." I pulled her inside, closing the door behind her, before walking her over to the couch. We sat down as I took her hand, interlocking our fingers before resting it on my knee.