Chapter 23

A/N-

I lied here's a chapter today instead, I'm feeling a lot of energy today :))

Third pov-

Sam and Bucky sent each other good morning texts as they got ready for their graduation.

    *****

Sam's pov- (I don't usually do this, but... today is the day I do (: )

I was feeling a little nervous. "Today is the day I get my diploma," I said to myself quietly as I looked across my room, where I had my graduation gown and cap.

Some people purchased some blue and black ones, while I got a red gown and cap.

I was planning on wearing a suit under my gown for the after-party.

Hmm, I wonder what Bucky would wear? 

I was just about to text him again when my mom knocked on my door before opening it.

"Good morning, Samuel," My mother said, smiling as she saw my gown and cap, "today's the day. Are you ready for it?"

I shook my head, "Mentally? No. Physically? Maybe"

My mother rolled her eyes, the smile still on her face, "come and eat breakfast so you can get dressed later on," she said as she walked away.

I sighed, turning to look at the gown and cap. 

"Today's your day, big boy," Sarah said, leaning against my door.

"How the fuck did you get here so fast?"

"Mom told me to come to make sure you're actually gonna come downstairs," Sarah said, looking down at her nails.

"I am going to go downstairs."

"If you say so. Come on"

     *****

Bucky's pov-

Today's going to be okay.

Today's goi-

"James? Why are you just staring into space? Today is your graduation! Be happy, honey!" My ma said, walking into my room.

"I am happy it's just-" I stopped feeling my cheeks turn red.

"Just what?"

"Well, for starters, I don't want to embarrass myself by tripping when I go up to get my diploma in front of everybody or something, and well, Sam hasn't said anything about staying here or moving back," I said the last part in a quiet voice. (a child yall a fucking child he is...I love it)

"Aww baby, come here," My ma said, pulling me into a hug.

"Today is going to be great. You're going to get your diploma, and you and Sam will have a conversation about his situation. Maybe he isn't telling you because he's just as confused himself, or maybe because it's a family matter, and you shouldn't be sticking your nose in someone else's family matter. But I'm sure Darlene would not let him leave you," she added.