56. Far More Valuable.

Third Persons P.O.V

The clanging sound of metal hitting metal echoed throughout the room. Sparks materialized out of thin air and the ruffling of feet was heard.

"Give up." A male voice echoed through the room. His fingers, covered in a green hue, hovered over the Uchiha's neck.

With a clenched glare, Sasuke lifted his arms in surrender. Smirking, Kabuto retracted his hand and pushed up his glasses.

The light-haired medic lent his hand for the Uchiha to take, but instead of accepting the help, Sasuke scoffed before standing up on his own.

Before Kabuto could respond to Sasuke's actions, the door burst open and one of Orochimaru's followers walked in.

Kabuto walked towards the follower before he leaned in to hear whatever the newcomer was saying. Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows when the name 'Tori' was mentioned. He strained his ears to hear what was being said, but to no avail. He couldn't hear anything, only hushed whispers.

Once the message was conveyed, the follower immediately left the room. "Well, I have some business to attend to. Get some rest." Kabuto said before following the follower.

With determination, Sasuke slowly followed Kabuto. The Uchiha kept his distance and was quiet. Kabuto walked into a room before closing the door. There was another person inside. Both the people on the side of the room started talking while Sasuke ran to the door and stealthily placed his ear on the door. The muffled voices now became clearer.

Inside the room, Kabuto walked towards Orochimaru, who was seated on a chair. "Lord Orochimaru, I have received some news concerning Shizukana Tori," Kabuto informed, causing the Sannin to look away from his book.

Interest masked his face as Orochimaru's mouth twisted into a smirk. "Oh, and what might that be?" He questioned. After he found out what Sasuke had done in the valley, he was enraged. Shizukana Tori was valuable. For a while, Orochimaru thought the Chidori had killed the Kunoichi, but one of Kabuto's informants sent a tip that Tsunade had saved Shizukana and she was now on medical leave.

"The curse mark has been successfully implemented on her. It is slowing down Shizukana's healing process." Kabuto replied, making Orochimaru nod in acknowledgement.

Hearing this, Sasuke clenched his teeth. He didn't know that the serum he injected was a curse mark.

"Shizukana didn't need an awakening pill since her heart stopped for around three minutes," Kabuto added, making Orochimaru's smirk widen.

Sasuke had to use all his willpower not to burst in. He knew what the Chidori can do and for a second; he thought he had killed her. But the thought left him immediately when he realized Shizukana reversed most of the damage. Kabuto's news confirmed that she was alive.

"Look how that turned out." Orochimaru sneered. He is really contented with the news. Even though the plan to capture her had failed, everything had turned to favor him in the end.

"You still haven't told me about her special technique," Kabuto added. He had wanted to know ever since Orochimaru had mentioned it after the Chunin exams. This was the best time to ask about it, as Orochimaru seemed to be in a good mood.

"All you have to know is that I will no longer require the Immortality Jutsu if I capture Shizukana." Orochimaru disclosed making both Kabuto and Sasuke, who were eavesdropping, widen their eyes.

Sasuke knew exactly what Orochimaru was talking about. How Orochimaru had figured it out was a mystery. The Uchiha had assumed that only the Sharingan can resist the Time Manipulation. Sasuke shook his head when he remembered someone that helped him in the valley. Someone who didn't have the Sharingan.