67. Fallen Cans and Stale Coffee.

Shizukana's P.O.V

It was the last check-up before I could start training again. They had left me alone for a week before Lady Tsunade and the others began hinting that a trip to the hospital was around the corner. I didn't mind, to be honest. I know it helps calm many people, especially Sakura who didn't let me do any work at home for fear that I might injure myself. I'm not entirely enjoying the fact that I get scolded for trying to do the most mundane things, like bringing in the groceries.

Locking the door behind me, I pocketed my keys when I heard a soft thump behind me. Whipping around, I stared at Haru, who was carrying bags of groceries. Feeling something touch my foot, I looked down to find a can of tomato soup.

It had been a few days since Lady Tsunade came over. I had been pondering over her words, feeling awfully dreadful after concluding that I might as well have a bounty on my head.

"Hello," Haru greeted, his voice carefree and aloof.

"Hey," I greeted back while crouching to grab the fallen can. "Your can?"

"Thanks," Haru said, putting down all the bags.

I walked towards him, my arm extending to hand the can over. The entire moment was awkward. After Lady Tsunade came over, I didn't meet Haru, meaning that we never had the chance to talk about the entire Lady Tsunade popping up like it was a normal thing.

"Going somewhere?" He asked, his eyes lighting up in slight curiosity.

"Mm," I hummed. "Need to drop by the hospital for a check-up."

"Want a hand?" I asked with the bags that were on the floor.

"Won't you get late?" He asked. "For your check-up?"

I smiled, a huff of laughter leaving my lips. "I don't think Lady Tsunade would mind if I were a few minutes late," I humoured before realizing what I had said.

A few beats of tense silence filled the air.

"So, you're close with the Hokage?" He asked, trying his best to act casual while unlocking the door.

"Wouldn't say close, but yeah," I answered while picking up a few bags from the ground. I gently lifted the bag that had a carton of eggs while shifting my weight to my left leg.

"Close enough to have her house visit," Haru spoke before grabbing the rest of the bags and walking in.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I walked in. "It's complicated." It didn't help my case when Haru started laughing as he placed the bags on the counter.

"People usually say that about romantic relationships, not something with the Hokage." He said between giggles. He then snapped his head to stare at me. "Unless..."

Nearly dropping the bags, I widened my eyes. "No!"

Haru's response was to burst out in laughter."Don't worry. I won't judge."

With a deadpan expression on my face, I placed the bags carefully on the table next to me. "You're one real comedian."

"I try."

Smiling softly, I exhaled loudly. "I'll take my leave. Sakura might have my head if I get too late."

"Thanks for the hand," Haru spoke, making me smile and wave before walking to the door. Closing it behind me, I walked downstairs to the ground floor.

Just as I reached the lobby, I caught sight of a familiar mop of grey hair. "Sensei?"

Kakashi Sensei was leaning against the wall of the building near the entrance. He was engrossed in his book when he lifted his head at my arrival. "Yo," Sensei greeted, closing his book.