33. So Attached.

Kakashi's P.O.V. 

I leapt through buildings and ran as fast as I could. I didn't have a chance to get backup. I had only been to Shizukana's apartment once, but I knew the way. As soon as I saw the building, I shunshinned into the lobby, scaring the receptionist.

I ran up the stairs and made it to her floor. I paused when I saw that the door was open wide. I walked in to find dead bodies thrown across the floor.

I scanned the room to find Shizukana can the floor. She was leaning against the wall with Pakkun next to her. Her nose was bleeding and the way she laid her hands on her lap showed that they were injured.

I ran towards her and she slowly waved at me. I saw that her eyes were closing so I tried to talk to her. She didn't hear me.

"Shizukana. Hey hey, don't pass out. I need you to stay awake." I said snapping my fingers in front of her face. I scanned her body for injuries.

Her hands were probably broken. Who ever this was, didn't want her to escape so they crushed her hands. Her nose was bleeding probably from being punched. My eyes landed on seal which was lying next to her. My eyes widened when I recognized the patterns and it’s kanji. They sucked her chakra.

I felt myself get angrier but I had to calm myself. I gently put my arms under Shizukana's legs and back and gently lifted her up bridal style.

I slowly placed her hands on her stomach and stood up. "Pakkun, grab that seal and we have to get to the hospital."

Pakkun grabbed the seal with his mouth. I tightened my grip on Shizukana and ran out the door. I ignored the stares the other people and continued. I looked behind me to find Pakkun right behind me.

After a few minutes, we reached the emergency room and I yelled out for a doctor. A nurse and a doctor came running out of a room and gasped at the sight of me and Shizukana.

They got a stretcher and I placed Shizukana on. They told me to stay here, while they assessed her injuries. I clenched my fist and watched them take her to a room.

I paced around the corridor until I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Guy and Jiraiya running towards me.

"Kakashi,  why did you leave suddenly?" Guy asked me. He then saw the blood on my jacket. "Are you injured?" He asked me making me shake my head.

"No. It's Shizukana. She was attacked." I said. The doctor came out of the room. He had a look of relief but theyre was still something on his face that screamed trouble.

"She will be fine. Her chakra was depleted. It isn't the normal chakra exhaustion. Her chakra was suddenly taken away. Her chakra is replenishing but it will take time. Now, her wrist and fingers were crushed. Without her chakra, it will take weeks to heal naturally and we cannot use medical ninjutsu to heal them.  The rest are minor injuries. She has a concussion but she will be alright. There's nothing to worry about." The doctor said making me sigh in relief. The doctor left and I turned to face Guy and Jiraiya.

The both of there were staring at me with wide eyes. Guy dragged me and plopped me on a chair. He sat next to me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Don’t worry. We will find who ever did this to her." Guy said making me nod.

Jiraiya walked towards me. "Explain." He grabbed a chair and sat in front of me.

I told them how Kabuto mentioned that Orochimaru wanted Shizukana. But didn't think that she would get attacked. I told them that for her safety I sent Pakkun.

I called Pakkun. He walked towards me and dropped the seal on my lap. Jiraiya picked it up and investigated it. "No wonder she was Chakra exhausted. This is a seal used for Jonin with much larger Chakra reserves."