Chapter 33

Ones the car stopped Regulus helped Sirius out of the car and inside his flat, just when Regulus closed the door Sirius collapsed on the couch shivering.

"Should've thought this through", Sirius said with a cheeky smile.

Regulus stared at him then sighed, "Should've waited till morning — well it is morning it's just a tad earlier", Regulus said as the clock chimed 2:00 AM.

"And should've checked the weather" Regulus said, bur Sirius only shivered, he turned them stared at his brother, Sirius studied his brother he was wearing a black suit, and it was obvious that he just got off from work.

Regulus waved his wand then Sirius was dry.

Regulus stared at his brother then, turned as he put his hands on his pocket, "Well I'll just write a letter to Remus" Regulus said and left Sirius at the living room.

Sirius stood up from the couch and look around, it is given that it isn't his first time being there, but it's his first time roaming around and just looking and focusing at the living room.

He saw pictures of Anadil with Regulus, he saw how close the two were really are, and how Regulus would annoy her, just by looking at the pictures he can tell, that Anadil had the best childhood with Regulus.

Regulus returned dressed in a pair of pyjamas, and he had another one on hand, then a plate filled with cookies and he was also levitating two glasses of milk.

"Get changed", Regulus said as he threw the pyjamas at Sirius, Sirius caught it and started to change, Regulus laid the plate of cookies in the table, and gently placed the two glasses of milk beside it.

Sirius sat down back at the couch, and Regulus opened the television so they can watch, while they were eating.

As the show ended Regulus turned off the television, and was about to get the cookie when his hand brushed Sirius' hand.

Regulus instantly looked down and saw that it was the last one.

"You can have it" Regulus said.

"No—"

"Go, plea—"

"I don't want it anymo—"

"Let's split it" Regulus offered and Sirius nodded, Sirius took the cookie and split it in half, and gave it to Regulus.

"You know" Regulus said after a long silence, Sirius looked at him as he played with the other half of the cookie.

"I was always jealous of you and your friends, you always seem to know it all when it comes to them" Regulus said and Sirius stopped playing with the cookie.

"Re-really?" Sirius said out of disbelief, "I was jealous of you all these years", Sirius said.

"Well good to know I wasn't the only one" Regulus said, "Go to bed" He continued as he stood up from the couch, "Room's upstairs to the right" Regulus said and Sirius nodded before going to the room that his brother stated.

Ones he was there he studied the room and was awed with it, Sirius wasn't one for books, but just by looking at it he felt like he can live with it for a while.

———

Regulus was at his room thinking about what his brother just told him, he wasn't shocked at all, he knows that Sirius is jealous of him in a lot of ways, but he's just happy he got it out of his brother's mouth.

Regulus smiled before he went to bed.

———

The next few hours Regulus woke up and was surprised to see that Sirius was already up and he was cooking, and that doesn't sound good.

"Do you even know how to cook?" Regulus asked as he leaned at the kitchen counter.

Sirius looked at him and hummed as a response.

"Look, Sirius not that I'm judging your cooking skills, but from what I've heard you can't even cook a decent pancake" Regulus said, "No offense, though" He added and Sirius groaned before turning to him.

"Fine you do it then, if you're so clever" He said rather annoyed, Regulus roll his eyes before he started to cook.

Ones Regulus was done he gave it to Sirius, Sirius stared at it before he ate it.

"Mhm, no wonder Anadil likes you more than she likes me" Sirius said and Regulus snorted, but Sirius didn't stop, "I don't even know her the say that you do, and now she hates me for that stupid howler I sent, sorry about that Reg" Sirius said and Regulus smiled.

"She's been living with me for twelve years, 'course I know, Anadil that way" Regulus said as he sat down opposite of his brother.

"Besides, even of she's still angry at you, maybe I can persuade your daughter to forgive you" Regulus offered and Sirius smiled at him.

"Thanks, but I guess I need to let her cool down, and by the way, do you know what your friend did?" Sirius asked, Regulus was about to ask who, but Sirius gave him a pointed look.

"Okay? What did, Snape said?" He asked.

"He told the Slytherins that Remus' a werewolf now he resigned" Sirius said, "Do you have any idea why, Snape did that?" Sirius continued.

"To be honest with you, I don't know" Regulus said, but then it hit him, Snape's desperate or it's all part of the plan.

"Anything I should know?" Sirius asked when he saw his brother spacing out, Regulus smiled at him and shook his head.

"You're thinking of something" Sirius pushed.

Regulus looked at him and smiled, "Even if I want to tell you I can't, so it's better if I don't" Regulus said.

Sirius was suspicious about it, but he let it slide, for now he has to trust his brother. He's the chance that he has to win his Daughter ones more.

Even if he needs to hurt his own brother he'll do it, because he's desperate, desperate to get his Daughter closer to him and Remus, and away from Regulus.

Some would call him mean, but others would call him Evil and for this matter the worst kind.

A father who would do anything to get his daughter.

And a Brother who protected his brother's daughter.

One will win and the other will loose, no one knows who the girl will pick, but one thing's for sure, she'll be in grave danger with both of them.

———

:))