1

Alex sat with Andromeda, talking over tea.
"How did she do it?" She asked. "How did she cope with living with him and being his daughter?"

"She didn't have much of a choice. He was all she had."

"But what about when she didn't agree with him?"

"Morgana," Andromeda let out a deep sigh. "Morgana was desperate for his approval. She never dared to disagree with him much. You and your father were her biggest acts of defiance."

"Oh."

"Now that I think about it, there was one matter- when her mother died, when Voldemort murdered her, she was angry. I wasn't aware of the whole story at the time. Morgana and Voldemort were very strange. He was raising her to be his right hand. To be loyal to only him. When he murdered her mother, it wasn't only to eliminate the only other person to whom Morg was loyal, but it was also a test. He wanted to see if she was going to remain loyal."

"That's horrible." Alex said. Andromeda nodded sadly.

"It was. It was terrible-" she was cut off by the loud telltale crack signalling apparition.

"My cue to leave." Alex stood.

"Stay, let me introduce you to my Dora."

"I've already met her." Alex denied.

"Stay anyway?" Andromeda asked and Alex sighed but nodded. She sat back down and grabbed a scone.

"Mum, I'm home!" She called as she approached them. She walked into the living room and froze when she saw Alex.

"Alex?" She asked. Alex gave her a small wave. "Why are you in my house?"

"I thought it'd only be fair since you're always in mine." She took a bite of her scone.

"Dora, come sit." Andromeda insisted and Tonks reluctantly took off her jacket and fell into an armchair.

"How is she even here? I thought we had wards stopping people from coming?"

"My mum brought me by floo the first time. Since then your mother adjusted the wards so I could apparate in and out."

"Why?"

"Why not?" Alex could see Tonks getting frustrated. "Your mother is very pleasant company."

"Okay, but that doesn't explain why you're here."

"It's a long story." Alex shrugged.

"Why don't you have some tea, dear?" Andromeda asked her daughter. Tonks reached forward for a biscuit.

"This scone is delightful." Alex took another bite.

"I can share the recipe with you if you'd like." Andromeda said and Alex nodded.

"That would be nice." Tonks looked between them in confusion.

"Any plans for after you graduate Hogwarts next year?"

"I have apprenticeships lined up under a few potions masters, from winning the wizarding schools contest. After that, I'm thinking about joining my brother Charlie in Romania as a dragon tamer."

"Because you have one?" Tonks finally found something she could understand.

"Yeah. I did originally want to get my BATs, but I can't really see many dragon sized spaces near any of the places I'd wanna go."

"You have a dragon?" Andromeda asked.

"Kind of. I don't own her." Alex said. "I found her and now we stick together."

"You should've seen her in Romania. She can actually talk to the dragon."

"Technically anyone can talk to her. Only I can understand her." Alex corrected.

"Where did you find a dragon?"

"The forbidden forest." Alex said.

"Back in my day, we were all far too afraid to go into the forest." Andromeda said.

"Must be a Weasley thing. Charlie's the same way, except he never found a dragon."

"Right. Must be." Alex hid her smirk behind her mug of tea. Andromeda noticed but kept quiet.

"A friend of mine once dared me to go into the forest." Alex knew she was talking about Morgana. "I refused so she set out to prove she was brave enough to go in alone. She lasted about five minutes before running back out and dragging me along until we made it back into our dorms."

"What happened?"

"I don't know. She never said a thing. I didn't know if she was just trying to scare me or if something had actually happened out there."

"I suppose nature wasn't very much her thing?"

"No, but she had a real talent for transfiguration." Alex scowled.

"Not my best subject." She said and Andromeda looked sympathetic.

"She also loved arithmancy and ancient runes."

"Me too!" She brightened.

"How can you stand it?" Tonks groaned. "They're so boring."

"Not to me. Plus it's really useful. Arithmancy comes in handy when creating potions. Ancient runes when you want protection runes or even in creating spells."

"This house was built on protection runes and all sorts." Andromeda looked around fondly.

"Did your friend do them for you?" Tonks asked and her mother nodded. Tonks took off her locket and opened it. There was a picture of two young girls. Andromeda and Morgana. "Is it her? My godmother?"

"Yes, that's her." Alex was mesmerised by the picture and Tonks held it out.

"That's my mum and her friend when they were younger." She said.

"She looked happy." Alex gazed at the picture.

"We were. We had just won the house cup and it was her first successful year as prefect." Andromeda said. "I think I have a bigger picture around here somewhere. Give me a moment."

Andromeda walked away, and Tonks tugged the locket back and clasped it back on.

"She died." Tonks said. "I don't really remember her, and it usually upsets mum to talk about her, but I kind of remember the last time she was here. She had a baby and there was a lot of crying. Mum's got a couple picture of me with the baby. She always used to say I was a big sister to the child."

"You held m- the baby?" Alex asked. This was news to her. Tonks looked at her strangely.

A/N- I can't promise to update a chapter tomorrow. I have a really busy day, but I will try to if I can, xx. Hope you all enjoy.

Favourite line is "Why are you in my house?"

"I thought it'd only be fair since you're always in mine."