58

Alex began participating more in her grandfather's meetings. She watched and refused to react to anything that might label her a sympathiser. She kept an ear out for any mention of Ted Tonks. She'd been practicing in her room for a way to save him. Her options were limited and all required Doomie. She tested her glamour spells during dinner, first staying in the doorway as an illusioned version of her walked towards the table and pushed at the food. She later graduated to beginning the illusion while they were both in the room. She did it as often as she could and when along in her room practiced her illusioned self casting spells that seemed realistic.

She spent most of her nights in Egypt practicing but was lucky to have more time to practice in England. She set Draco on the task of finding Wyttle, but told him not to approach but to report back. She didn't tell him anything else.

Voldemort finally made a move towards the end of the week. She was in his office with him as they pondered over where Potter could've run to.

Griffiths came in and she glared at him.
"Remind me why we keep him around?" She asked. Her grandfather pat her shoulder as though stopping her from making any regrettable moves.

"If we got rid of all the people you disliked, we'd have no army." He told her.

"Fine but I'm going to replace them as soon as I can." Griffiths ignored her.

"We caught a mudblood calling for a group of insurgents and urging them to take action." Griffiths reported. "An Edward Tonks. He was attempting to rouse some of Potter's known acquaintances, though they fled the moment snatchers reached the scene. He's been detained downstairs."

"That can't be true." Alex defended.

"Bring him up." Voldemort ordered and Griffiths bowed out. He returned moments later, his wrists clearly bound with a spell. "My granddaughter seems to think you're worth listening to." He said. "She's fond of you and your wife. Sometimes her naivety can cloud her judgement."

"Alex?" Ted said, some relief in his voice. He took a step forward. "What are you doing? You're better than this. You're better than him."

"He's my family. I don't need to be better." She said. "Tell me it isn't true. Tell me you weren't trying to lead people to their deaths."

"We need to stand up. Now before he can sink his claws deeper into our world." Ted confessed. There was a slight glaze in his eyes, a telltale sign of the imperius curse. Suddenly he moved jumping at Voldemort, his hands clutching at the dark lord's throat. Alex had her wand out in no time.

"Let go." She said. Her hands shook a little as she cast her illusion spell. She would continue to stand and her double would eventually cast the killing curse. Of course, since she wasn't actually ready the curse would be fake. The real Alex would meanwhile cast a sleeping spell and another glamour, before cancelling the illusion spell of her own double. It was a complicated plan.

Alx waited a few seconds before enacting her plan. She didn't wait long enough for her grandfather to act, but it was enough for her to visibly freeze for a moment. She cast the sleeping charm the same instant as the killing curse, ensuring Ted fell to the ground. She shrouded his body with a glamour ensuring he seemed as dead as he was and Alex moved to her grandfather.

"You're okay." She said, as though reassuring herself, before wrapping her arms around him. "You're okay." She suppressed shudders though she was sure one escaped.

"I'm sorry you had to cast such a spell." He said. "I know you hate anything that may break your oaths."

"He tried to kill you." She simply said. "I couldn't let that happen." She looked down at the seemingly dead body. "I couldn't let that happen."

"I'll have someone get rid of this. Why don't you get some calming draught?"

"I should- I should do it. I killed him." She said. "I should take him to Andromeda."

"There's no need to bother yourself." He said.

"I owe that much to them. I killed him. She should know he's dead. She should know it was because of me. I killed him. He tried to hurt you, so I killed him."

"You did the right thing." He soothed. "She will understand. After all, his actions do not reflect on her. He left her months ago, to my understanding."

"It doesn't matter. She may not forgive you. She probably won't forgive me. But I can't hide from my consequences."

"Very well. It's your decision." He told her. She looked down at Ted's body one more time.

"I'll see you at lunch?" She asked. He inclined his head in a slight nod and she levitated Ted's body out towards the entrance. She could apparate away once they were out.

A/N- okay, super rough draft, and I wrote this half asleep so plz don't come for me. But we get more Andromeda so yay!

So Voldemort totally engineered all of this and let Ted attack him, under the imperius, to win the last of Alex's loyalty from the Tonks family. I know technically the imperius can't make you kill or do anything you're inherently against, but some part of Ted, as well as literally everyone else in the world, definitely wants Voldemort dead. That's why I think it would work. He also let her go to Andromeda solely so that she could be turned away and alienated from the last of her ties to the light 😁

Favourite line is "If we got rid of all the people you disliked, we'd have no army."

If I don't upload tomorrow, it'll be because I'm swamped because I hate uni but I will try my best to xx.