31

Alex hardly saw her sister. It was fine though, considering it helped her defence with her grandfather, and it kept Ginny safe.

And then Ginny tried to steal the sword of Gryffindor from the headmaster's office with Neville and Ernie. She was caught. To be specific, Alex was the one to catch her.

"What are you doing?" She asked, arms crossed and they froze. Ginny attempted to hide the sword behind her.

"Nothing." Ernie squeaked.

"So stealing from the headmaster is nothing?" She raised a brow.

"What are you going to do to us?" Neville asked.

"Well, I could take away house points, but considering Ernie is from my own house, that would be a little redundant. And I can't take some from you and not him, because that wouldn't be fair." She said. "I think some good old fashioned detention will have to do. All three of you. Every Saturday until I decide it's been enough. You can start tomorrow."

"Detention? With you?"

"In the meantime, you will hand me that sword and go straight to your dorms." Ginny held on to it tightly. Alex half unsheathed her katana, the threat of bringing it out fully hanging in the air. "Or I could always fight you for it. I can assure you it'd be a very one sided fight. Only one of us is trained in sword fighting and used to her weapon."

"We need it. Please. It's important."

"Yes, I'm sure it's end-of-the-world important." Alex put her katana away. She'd attached her scabbard on the inside of her bag, confusing the trio before her. She took the sword from Ginny who reluctantly let go.

"You know, there's only so far you can go before you reach the point of no return."

"Who says I want to return?" Alex asked. "Saturday. Nine am. You'll meet me at the school entrance. And if you don't, I'll take points. Ten points for every minute you're late." She said and walked past them. Snape was watching them from the top of the stairs as she walked past him and into his office.

"Thank you." He said. "For returning the sword."

"You should find someplace more secure for it."

"I'll take it into account. What punishment have you planned for them?"

"I'm sure I'll think of something sufficient."

"Of course." She placed the sword on his desk and walked out.

The next day, her grandfather sent her a letter expressing his pride at her demonstration of loyalty. She responded accordingly.

"There are some rumours going around." Megan told her. "Apparently you've totally lost your mind."

"You want to help me figure out a way to punish my sister and Longbottom and Ernie?"

"So the rumours are true?" Megan smirked.

"It's not my fault they let me catch them smuggling a sword from the headmaster's office." She pouted.

"So what are you going to do?"

"I dunno. The forest. I'd hand them off to Hagrid, but I promised my grandfather it'd be spectacular."

"Make them stock up on potions ingredients, or clear up the forest. Make them clean up the unicorn poo or something without their wands. It can't be any better than regular horse poo, can it?"

"Unicorn manure does have some uses, actually. As with actual horse manure."

"That's gross. Make them collect the unicorn poo into jars and give them to Snape." Alex laughed. "I'm just saying, a herd of unicorns having lived in the wild forever, must make some kind of mess."

"You're an evil genius." Alex grinned. "I love it."

"Well, I try." Megan flipped the hair over her shoulder.

Hannah and Susan joined them. They sat down, making a small circle. "Ernie hates you now."

"Yeah, that's old news." Alex said. "I think the only thing he ever liked about me was that I was dating Cedric."

"Yeah, right. He was always one of the few who could stand you. It's the only reason why we let him sit with us."

"It's not the only reason." Hannah added.

"But definitely one of the main reasons." Susan finished. Alex stifled a laugh.

"You guys should probably keep your distance from me." She said.

"Uh huh." The girls said, rolling their eyes, bored of the same old argument.

"If you don't knock that off, I'll go home with you for Christmas." Megan threatened.

"Have I mentioned how much I hate you guys?"

"This week?" Susan asked.

"Deep, pure hatred." Alex said. "Throw-you-to-the-walls hatred. I'm-head-girl-and-I-can-punish-you hatred."

"That's a great idea! Invite us along to detention on Saturday."

"Invite? It's not a party! I have to actually punish them and make them do something they're going to hate. Especially Ginny."

"She's your sister."

"Exactly. My grandfather's a bit of a maniac, you see. So, I need to very publicly cut ties with my family. Unless I want them to die."

"Maniac." Megan agreed. "You should still invite us along to detention."

"Meg, do you want to shovel horse manure?"

"No."

"Then why would you suggest that be the detention activity and then volunteer to come along?"

"Because I didn't think you were actually going to do it." She frowned. "Figured you'd keep the unicorns close to your chest."

"Speaking of, can we go visit them soon? It's been so long!"

A/N- Yeah, Ginny at this point is just hoping Alex is playing a role, because she's so confused. Also, I know originally Luna was helping Neville and Ginny but I've totally replaced Luna with Ernie when it comes to the resistance within Hogwarts, but only because Luna trusts Alex implicitly and trusts that she's got a plan and that she'll need all the allies she can get. She doesn't know what's going on, Alex hasn't told her anything, but she's known her for years. She knows something's up, and she's probably put some pieces together. After all she is a Ravenclaw, but she doesn't have the full story.

Favourite line is "I think the only thing he ever liked about me was that I was dating Cedric."