66

"Fine, I'll pass you. What else do you wanna show me?" He said.

"Don't promise me that, either. Just promise to mark me fairly." She said. "I'd like to know what I'm actually capable of."

"Whatever you want." He rolled his eyes.

"Thank you." She smiled. "Saph, you wanna meet us by Kichiro?"

The dragon flew off before Alex could finish her suggestion.

"I love Saphira. She's my dragon, but there's something else I love equally as much."

"Hearing yourself talk?" Pedro muttered.

"I'm not afraid to immobilise you and leave you here." She threatened her cousin before walking off. He followed after her.

"How much further do we have to walk?"

"It's not as far as it was from Hogwarts to Saph's clearing. It's, maybe, a five minute walk?"

"Oh okay. Not bad." He said and continued to walk after her, minding the branches she did. She clearly had gone over this route several times. "Is Saphira why you're always in the forest?" He asked.

"I found Saph in my third year. What started my obsession with this place was Kichiro." She told him.

"What's Kichiro?" He asked, sounding a little resigned. "Is it anything that can kill us?"

"Technically anything can kill you, given the chance."

"How is it that someone raised by your mother turns out as creepy as you?"

"Life experience." She said simply. "I only had a normal life for eleven and a half years. Then I was kidnapped. Then I was part monster. Then my boyfriend was murdered by my grandfather. Then I was recruited to be a double agent by my headteacher who died months later."

"Well, at least you never run out of stories to tell." He said. "You can't say you've had a boring life." He paused. "Wait what do you mean you were part monster?"

"Here, Shh." She shut him up. "Be careful and do only what I tell you."

She walked forward, heading straight over to Kichiro. He and Scar were playfully running around Saphira while Venus grazed further afield. Kichiro stopped what he was doing when Alex stepped into view and she reached out to greet him.

"Hey boy." She cooed. "How are you doing today?"

He snorted and nudged at her hand with his nose.

"I have someone to introduce to you." She turned back to Pedro. "Come here!"

"Unicorns? There are unicorns here?"

"Yeah, now come on."

"How are you doing that? How are they not running away? Is that a foal?" In his surprise, he'd switched back to Portuguese.

"Do you wanna meet Kichiro or not? He won't bite, I promise." Pedro stepped forward hesitantly. "He's a bit shy, Kichi. But this is my cousin."

"Let me guess, you can talk to him too?"

"Don't be daft." She rolled her eyes.

"You're very strange."

"I know." She said, before leading Kichiro closer to Pedro. "You might have to be the adult here, Kichi. Apparently my cousin is a coward."

"I'm not a coward." He said.

"You're scared of unicorns."

"Wild unicorns do not take kindly to humans. Especially humans who intrude on their personal space."

"I've been coming here for years. I was here the night Kichiro was born. My friends have come out here with me. We've camped out here overnight. Nothing is going to happen to you!"

"That shouldn't be possible."

"Well, first time I met a unicorn was Venus over there." Alex pointed out the mare. "My grandfather possessed the man who later became my teacher and he fed off unicorn blood for strength. I caught him sucking Venus's blood. I saved her, and we got close. When she was giving birth to Kichiro, she had trouble and somehow called to me. And when I got petrified in Japan, she brought me here. And it's not like I just brought all my friends here at once. We introduced them slowly, one by one."

"You tamed them." He stated.

"They're not tame. Though I suppose, they have been settled in this clearing for as long as I've known them. Just stop thinking so much about it. Nothing makes sense when you think so much about it. Kichiro and Saphira and important to me. And so are you. I just wanted to show you." He grinned widely at her sentimental display. She scowled. "Just so you can finally get off my back about not knowing nearly enough about me."

"When you said you had an attachment to the forest and its creatures, I never dreamed you were talking about unicorns and dragons. My grandfather would have loved to meet you."

"I wish I could have met him too. He raised you well."

"Careful, that almost sounds like a compliment." Pedro teased.

Megan's here! Saphira said in delight, barely a second before the Hufflepuff appeared.

Megan froze as she saw Alex and then Pedro. She looked around.

"Charlie's gonna be mad at you." Alex frowned in confusion for a moment before scowling.

"Ew! No! Ew! No! No! Ew!" She shuddered rather exaggeratedly, before adding for good measure one last, "ew!"

"You know, I thought I was supposed to be your Hermione fill-in. Shouldn't I know stuff?"

"Pedro here is my cousin. That is all."

"Cousin?"

"And you're not my Hermione fill in. You're an entirely different person and Hermione would never let me plot revenge on Blaise."

"True."

"Besides, I keep secrets from Hermione too!" Alex said.

"Okay, fine, whatever. I just wanna know what is going on here."

A/N- Megan just wants answers.

Favourite line is "I love Saphira. She's my dragon, but there's something else I love equally as much."

"Hearing yourself talk?" Pedro muttered.