63

Alex stayed over at Pedro's for the night. And the next day and the next night. And the next and the next. She didn't leave for a week. He let her mope on the couch, and even promised not to tell a single soul where she was. Eventually, he refused to enable her any longer.

"You can't stay here forever. Your friends are getting worried." He said.

"You suck as a cousin."

"Yeah, okay. You still have to stop hiding out. Don't let Zabini win."

"I'm not letting him win."

"Alejandra, be brave. And anyways, any longer and the teachers may declare you missing."

"Fine." She stood up. She tied her hair back and looked at him.

"And take a bath before you leave." She glared but headed over to his bathroom. He wasn't wrong, she'd begun to smell a little.

An hour later, Alex emerged in fresh clean clothing, looking a lot better than before.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"No, my favourite biological cousin's kicking me out."

"I'm not kicking you out." He said. "You're welcome to return anytime. But first you must make sure people know you're alive. Also, I'm your only biological cousin."

"Fine. I'll see you later." She grumbled but dropped the attitude. "Thanks, Pedro."

"Anytime." He smiled and she slipped out of the room. She snuck downstairs not wanting to be caught near Pedro's quarters, just in case.

The castle was weirdly empty. She continued, intending to go down to the entrance hall when some whispering caught her attention.

"What did you do?" One voice hissed. She peered around the corner she was approaching and saw Draco and Blaise. She moved back before they could see her and listened in.

"I didn't know she was going to go missing." Blaise hissed back.

"Well, what do you expect? You told her you cheated on her."

"I didn't think she would just disappear."

"Well, maybe she figured out you were lying."

"What are you on about?"

"Oh please, you can't fool me. I don't know why you lied, but I have a pretty good guess. You're not very good at hiding your expressions."

"Yes I am."

"I'm also not an idiot. I know you talked to the dark lord when she was in Egypt, and I know better than to think you'd ever cheat on Alex. You've been pining over her for years. What happened?"

"He can reverse my mum's curse." Blaise confessed and Alex's eyes widened.

"What?"

"He can fix her curse. Says he'll do it if I break up with Alex." Blaise told his friend. "He already did do it. And if I don't do what he wants, he'll reverse it back."

"Oh, and you can't say anything either. Otherwise..."

"Curse, yeah. And I love Alex, but if I can save my mum..."

"Yeah, okay. I get it. I'm sorry, that really sucks."

Alex walked away silently, and headed to her own dorm. At least now his reconciliation with Ambrose made sense. She hated Blaise for breaking her heart, and then for having a good reason for it.

"There you are!" Hannah exclaimed. "Is everything okay?"

"I'm fine." Alex plastered a smile on her face.

"You disappeared. We were worried."

"I disappear all the time."

"Yeah, but a whole week? Plus you haven't come to any classes. Last anyone saw you was alchemy last Tuesday. Megan said you didn't go to potions that afternoon and we haven't seen you since."

"Sorry. But, in other news. I broke up with Blaise."

"Oh my god, are you okay?"

"Yeah. He's a two timing arse, but whatever." She said. She'd play along. She wasn't going to be what cost him his mother.

"Are you okay?" Hannah asked, concerned. Alex nodded.

"I got it out of my system." She kicked off her shoes and sat on her bed, pulling her feet up. She reached for the fuzzy socks at the end of her bed to warm up her feet. "Why is the castle so empty?"

"Quidditch. Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw."

"Oh, that's right. That's today." She realised. "Eh whatever. I don't care."

"You sure you're okay?" Hannah looked at her as though she might break at any moment.

"I'm fine." Alex laid back. "Trust me, I don't care anymore. I was upset. I felt disrespected and angry, but whatever. At least it didn't go too far. And now, I get to plot revenge, which is going to be really fun."

When Megan and Susan returned from the game, they noticed Alex in her bed. Megan simply walked over to her own, grabbed a pillow and hit Alex over the head.

"Ow!" Alex sat up, startled.

"That is for being stupid and annoying."

"She broke up with Blaise." Hannah said and Megan dropped the pillow.

"Oh. Are you okay?"

"No." Alex frowned. She grabbed the pillow and hit Megan back. "Now I am."

"What happened?"

"He's a cheat." Alex said. "Want to help me get revenge? There's no Hermione to tell us off."

"What have you got in mind?"

A/N- Welp. I love Blaise too much to let him cheat on Alex. Because there's no coming back from that. That would put me off a character forever. I'd hate them. Plus, I think it's kind of logical that Voldemort would force Blaise and Alex apart.

Favourite line is "And now, I get to plot revenge, which is going to be really fun."