60

Alex stormed into the manor and headed straight to her room. She was a little overly dramatic but it was better this way. The more emotional Voldemort believed her to be, the more he'd underestimate her. There was a tentative knock on her door.

"Not the time, Draco." She called out with a slight tremble to her voice, and then sniffled for good measure.

"Are you okay?"

"No, I bloody well am not. Doesn't mean I want you in here right now." She snapped.

"That's fine, I'll stick out here." He said through the door. "Besides, you're always the one telling me friends are there for each other."

She stood up and walked to her door, opening it to find Draco had conjured a chair and was sitting right outside her room. "I have my wand and a mind full of curses. I'm not afraid to use them." She said and shut the door again and headed over to her bed.

She only emerged from her room at dinner time, and slumped into the seat beside her grandfather.
"I take it it didn't go well with Andromeda?" He asked with fake concern.

"I gave her back her husband's dead body after killing him. There aren't many ways that could've gone." She pushed around the food on her plate and stayed silent for a little while before eventually speaking up. "I'm sorry. It's been a long day. Ted tried to kill you so I don't regret my actions. And obviously I didn't expect forgiveness from Andromeda, but she was one of the few things I had connecting me to my mum. Aside from you."

"I understand. It's a loss to you."

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore. I should really be focusing on my living family than dwelling on my dead." She shrugged. Voldemort said nothing in reply.

Draco avoided her for a little while, eventually returning the day before they were supposed to go back to Hogwarts.

"I take no offence to your being a twat." He said the moment she opened the door to her room.

"My being a what?"

"So, I brought a peace offering." He said, as though she hadn't said a word. "I found your snatcher."

"You found Wyttle."

"I did. This is where he currently resides. He mainly works out of Manchester."

"Got it."

"Ready to go?"

"You're not coming."

"The knight bus will take too long, and so will making a portkey and you can't apparate where you've never been. Have you ever even stepped foot in Manchester?"

"Fine, you're just going to accompany me." He smirked victoriously and she took his arm. "Just go already."

Alex ditched Draco before seeking out Wyttle. She found him with some other death eaters, checking children for magical status. She saw him loitering in front of a young girl before realising it was Mafalda. She stormed forward.

"Everyone claims they're related to the Weasleys, but you need proof." He was saying. "Or you're a muggleborn."

She strode forward. "You can go, Mafalda. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Now, hold on here. Who'd you think you are?" He grabbed hold of Mafalda's shoulder.

"I'm the one taking you back to Azkaban."

"You can't do that." He scoffed. With a flick of her wand, Wyttle's hand snapped backwards, letting go of Mafalda.

"Like I said. You can go Mafalda. I have some business with him."

"Thank you." She grinned at Alex and ran off.

"You can be the one to explain to the dark lord why you let a mudblood off the hook."

"She has relations to the Weasleys. I'd know. I'm Alex Weasley. I'm sure you've heard, the one that defected, bla bla bla, the dark lord's right hand. Now, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." She glared.

"I don't belong in Azkaban."

"Tell that to Laila Shafiq. She's a friend." Alex told him and his eyes widened almost comically. "Yeah, that's right. You're done for."

"You can't do anything."

"Hard way it is." She said. He managed a pretty strong protego before she could raise her wand. She supposed Dumbledore had once hired him as a defense teacher for a reason. "The thing about any spell, they require concentration. There are probably less invasive ways to break your concentration, but this is the quickest." She said, before focusing on his mind and using her legilimency skills. His mind was filthy, so she did what she had to and quickly removing herself from his head. She immobilised him before he realised anything and apparated to the ministry. She levitated his stiff body along with her and headed to the DMLE floor.

"Name." The receptionist asked, without looking up.

"Mine or the prisoners?"

"Both."

"I'm Alex. The prisoner is James Wyttle." The receptionist looked through some papers.

"Says he's a registered snatcher."

"Well, consider his license revoked. One way ticket to Azkaban."

"Reason?"

"Do I need one? If I have to let the dark lord know of your incompetency, he won't be happy. When he fires people, it's a little more literal. So do what I say and if you get any pushback, it's on his authority."

"Proof?" Alex leaned forward.

"My name is Alexandra." She said. "I don't need proof."

"Alexandra?" She frowned and looked through some papers, and her demeanour changed. "Yes, of course. I'll have someone put him on a one way trip."

"I want him shipped out by morning." She said, taking his wand out of his hand and handing it over. She let him drop onto the ground and left, apparating away before she reached the door.

A/N- Favourite line is "I take no offence to your being a twat."

Back to Hogwarts soon. A little drama, but some nice Pedro moments coming up.