21

Alex went to Snape next. She stormed as though furious, and closed the door. She closed her eyes and used Doomie so that anyone listening in would only hear an argument.

"It worked." She said. "But do we have to fight? Couldn't we have done this without alienating each other?"

"You can still back out. I'll help smuggle you out of here."

"No!" She huffed.

"Then this is the only way. Voldemort must believe you trust him above all. Otherwise I can't help you. I'll be an obstacle."

"I still hate it."

"As do I. And it's not too late-"

"I'm going to get angry at you for real if you tell me it's not too late to leave one more time." She cut him off.

"Noted."

"Did you know Blaise has a brother?"

"Yes. You met Ambrose?"

"Sort of, yeah. They don't get along. Do you know why?"

"Shouldn't you ask Zabini that?" She glared.

"I think I've been fake yelling at you long enough."

"One question." Snape stopped her. "The alchemy teacher, how well do you know him?"

"Do you want the in-depth or the outline? The in-depth means you'll have more big secrets to keep, and Pedro might kill me, but whatever, or I could tell you an outline without the huge secrets and still a valid explanation as to who he is." She rambled. "Of course both is true and knowing everything might be unnecessary, so the choice is really yours-"

"Just tell me everything." He cut her off.

"He's my cousin." She said and then revelled in the look of surprise on his face. It wasn't something that happened often anymore, so it was really satisfying when she could catch him off guard. "Second cousin, from my mother's side. Her mother and his grandfather were siblings."

"Congratulations on your newfound family."

"Thanks. It's just Pedro. We don't have any other family on that side." She shrugged. "I didn't tell you because I don't think he wanted anyone to know about his very vague, not even biological, relation to Voldemort. And he's on our side. Dumbledore used veritaserum on him. He's not bad. Dumbledore also told him I was going to be doing this, so he's my whatever. My contact guy."

"You two get along?"

"He can be annoying." Alex said. "I've been trying to get him to go back to Brazil, but he's very stubborn."

"Imagine that." Snape said, pointedly, but she ignored it. Her situation with Pedro was nothing like the one with Snape. "He was in the potions contest with you?"

"Yeah. He would've won, but there was a last minute trap."

"Impressive."

"He's the order's potioneer now. Not sure if I'm supposed to tell you that." She said.

"So we'll keep him as a teacher?"

"Yeah. He's new to England, so Voldemort shouldn't worry about his affiliations." She told him and Snape nodded.

"I see."

"So you really have nothing to say about Ambrose?" Alex asked and he sent her a look. "You don't even like Blaise."

"I don't want to get involved in your relationship."

"Boring. How's your relationship?"

"Alex."

"What? Kurata was my headmistress for some months, and my guardian, and she's my friend's mother."

"I went to go visit a couple of weeks ago." He told her.

"You did?"

"Yes."

"How is she? And Emiko and Haru?"

"They're all okay. They're fine." He said. "They're safe."

"Do you love her?" Alex asked.

"Yes." He reluctantly replied and she beamed.

"Is Emiko going to become my cousin anytime soon?"

"I think you've been fake yelling at me long enough." He said and she laughed.

"Fine. Next time you see them, say hi for me." She ended the spell on the door and turned to leave, storming out of the room. She headed up to hers, only to be joined by Draco on the stairs.

"You look angry."

"Draco, go away."

"Or, why don't we go out? We'll take Ms Zabini up on her offer and get you actual clothes. Appropriate ones."

"One more dig at my dress sense and I will wear nothing but my knitted jumpers for the rest of summer."

"Oh come on. You don't even have to pay. I will."

"Who says I can't afford clothes of my own?"

"Up until this summer, you grew up basically penniless."

"I also work, or I guess that's worked- with my brothers at the joke shop, so I raked in good money there. And I saved."

"What did you do?"

"I worked on their books. Plus I had good ideas and helped them manage their lives."

"So how much do you have?"

"None of your business. I'm just not penniless is my point."

"Still, let me get you something nice. Consider it a birthday gift."

"My birthday's in December."

"To me."

"I've never gotten you a birthday gift." She said. "Plus your birthday's passed."

"You did. I don't care if it was Shafiq just putting your name on the gift. It still counts."

"Draco-"

"What if I say please? Will that change your mind?" She narrowed her eyes. "It'll be rude if you don't take Ms Zabini up on her offer to visit one of her stores."

"I'll take her up on it one day."

"Oh please? I'll invite Pansy or Daphne or whatever."

"Aren't you and Pansy avoiding each other?"

"I'll still invite her."

"You just want to see her." She accused. He shrugged and she rolled her eyes. "Fine, whatever. Now can I go to my room in peace?"

"Yes." He said and stepped out of her way.

A/N- Favourite line is "Is Emiko going to become my cousin anytime soon?"