5

"You can't do it if I don't cooperate, you need me to give you some hair." Harry argued.

"That's where I come in." Alex volunteered. "We all know I won't hesitate to rip out your hair or nails. Any part of you really."

Harry looked at her warily, and Moody glared at him. "With You-Know-Who out there and half the Ministry on his side, Potter, we'll be lucky if he swallows the fake bait and plans to ambush you on the thirtieth, but he'll be mad not to have a Death Eater or two keeping an eye out. It's what I'd do. They might not be able to get at you or this house while your mother's charm holds, but it's about to break and they know the rough position of the place. Our only chance is to use decoys. Even You-Know-Who can't split himself into eight."

Harry reluctantly gave in and reached up to pull out some of his hair. He winced at the pain and then reached over for the scissors to cut a few off instead. Moody added it to the polyjuice and mixed it. It turned a nice gold colour.

"Ooh, you look much tastier than Crabbe and Goyle, Harry." Hermione stared at the potion.

"Yeuch, it looks disgusting." Alex disagreed.

"Haven't you done this before?" Harry frowned.

"I've never used polyjuice potion to turn into you."

"Then how did you fool Umbridge?"

"That wasn't polyjuice."

"Right then, fake Potters line up over here, please." Moody ignored Alex's antics.

Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Fleur and Alex all lined up in front of the sink.

"We're one short." Lupin noticed.

"Here." Hagrid said gruffly, and he lifted Mundungus by the scruff of the neck and dropped him down beside Fleur, who wrinkled her nose pointedly and moved along to stand between Fred and George instead.

"I'm a soldier, I'd sooner be a protector," Mundungus protested.

"Shut it." Moody said gruffly. "As I've already told you, you spineless worm, any Death Eaters we run into will be aiming to capture Potter, not kill him. Dumbledore always said You-Know-Who would want to finish Potter in person. It'll be the protectors who have got the most to worry about, the Death Eaters'll want to kill them."

Moody didn't pay any more attention to Mumdungus as he began pouring some polyjuice into little cups. Alex looked at it for a moment before narrowing her eyes at Pedro.

"So, are you sure this won't poison me?"

"No, when I kill you, I'll be using my hands."

"When? You sound awfully sure of yourself."

"I've thought about it several times." She grinned and plugged her nose before drinking the offending solution.

"Tastes about as rotten as he is. Looks like you did your job properly." She said, before she began changing. This process was a lot weirder than it had been with Doomie. Harry wasn't very much taller than her so she didn't change much in terms of height. Her body shape changed, though. Her face rounded out, and her shoulders broadened. Pretty soon, she was the spitting image of Harry.

Fred and George turned to each other. "Wow we're identical!" George marvelled.

"I dunno, though, I think I'm still better-looking," Fred replied, examining his reflection in the kettle.

"Bah!" Fleur was checking herself in the microwave door in disgust. "Bill, don't look at me... I'm 'ideous."

"We all are." Alex shuddered. "I can't imagine looking like this forever."

"Do you ever take a break?" Pedro asked and she thought.

"No, not really."

"Those whose clothes are a bit roomy, I've got smaller here," Moody pointed to one of the sacks. "And vice versa. Don't forget the glasses, there's six pairs in the side pocket. And when you're dressed, there's luggage in the other sack."

Alex reluctantly went forth and grabbed some clothes.

"I knew Ginny was lying about that tattoo," Ron spoke up, looking down at his bare chest.

"Harry, your eyesight really is awful," Hermione added as she put on glasses.

"That's not the only awful thing about him." Alex muttered snidely. No one responded, ignoring her as they all finished getting dressed and each taking a rucksack and a stuffed owl in a cage meant to look like Harry's pet. 

"Good," Moody looked satisfied at the eight Harry's who looked completely identical. "The pairs will be as follows: Mundungus will be traveling with me, by broom-"

"Why'm I with you?" Mundungus grunted.

"Because you're the one that needs watching," Moody said, keeping a watchful eye on Mundungus before continuing. "Arthur and Fred-"

"I'm George," The twin that Moody pointed at groaned. "Can't you even tell us apart when we're Harry?"

"Sorry, George-"

"I'm only yanking your wand, I'm Fred really." Fred grinned cheekily. It was disturbing to see her brother's smirk on Harry's face.

"Enough messing around!" Moody snarled. "The other one, George or Fred or whoever you are, you're with Remus. Miss Delacour-"

"I'm taking Fleur on a thestral," Bill volunteered. "She's not that fond of brooms."

Fleur walked over to stand beside him, smiling lovingly up at him.

"Hermione with Kingsley, again by thestral."

Hermione looked reassured as she answered Kingsley's smile.

"Alex with Pedro."

"Which leaves you and me, Ron!" Tonks said brightly, knocking over a mug as she waved at him.

"An' you're with me, Harry. That all righ'?" Hagrid asked, looking a little anxious. "We'll be on the bike, brooms an' thestrals can't take me weight, see. Not a lot o' room on the seat with me on it, though, so you'll be in the sidecar."

"That's great," Harry said with mock enthusiasm.

"We think the Death Eaters will expect you to be on a broom. Snape's had plenty of time to tell them everything about you he's never mentioned before, so if we do run into any Death Eaters, we're betting they'll choose one of the Potters who looks at home on a broomstick. All right then," he went on, tying up the sack with the fake Potters' clothes in it and leading the way back to the door, "I make it three minutes until we're supposed to leave. No point locking the back door, it won't keep the Death Eaters out when they come looking. Come on..."

A/N- Alex is with Pedro because he's the only one who can put up with her who isn't a Harry at the moment 😭 And ayy, look who's updating. And it's seven, nowhere near midnight. I don't promise to keep it up tho. Might end up just about posting tmz night.

Favourite line is "No, when I kill you, I'll be using my hands."