22

Draco was way too excited. He apparated her straight to the store and they met Blaise, Pansy and Daphne outside. Daphne had ended up bringing her sister along with her. It was all very ridiculous, if she was being honest, but Draco had been kind of mopey all summer so she gave the day a chance.

"Alex, I don't think you've met my sister. This is Astoria. Tori, this is Alex."

"Isn't she a Weasley?" Astoria asked and Alex shrugged.

"So glad you finally decided to do this." Pansy said. "Because honestly, your outfits have been a little-"

"Okay, I'm not doing this." Alex turned to leave. Draco put his arm out, stopping her from going. "I'm going to break your arm." He snatched his arm back to his body.

"Okay. Wait. We won't be insulting or anything. Don't go." He said, and looked back at their friends. "Right?"

"Yeah."

"Sure."

"Okay." There were reluctant mumbles of agreement.

"Come on." Blaise said, leading them inside.

The shop was huge. A lot bigger than it looked from the outside. Alex had to admit she was impressed.

"Tori wanted to go look at some of the necklaces, so we'll meet you in a bit." Daphne said.

"Draco will accompany you." Pansy volunteered him. He scowled.

"Okay, we'll see you in a bit." Alex waved and Draco reluctantly left.

"He's an idiot." Alex told Pansy.

"Absolutely." She agreed.

"First things first." Blaise said, changing the subject. "Your taste isn't horrible. I've seen you wear pretty clothes sometimes."

"Is is too late to send him away too?" Alex asked Pansy, who laughed.

"Oi!" He frowned.

"Stop pouting. If you're going to insult me, I'm going to be mean back." She said.

"Whatever. We should look at green. You'd look good in green." He said.

"Are you here to actually help us pick out outfits or shamelessly flirt?" Pansy told him off.

"Can't I do both?"

"If we're going by colours, I want yellow." Alex said.

"I suppose it is summer, and a pastel yellow isn't bad on you." Blaise mused.

"Thanks, Zabini. That's so nice of you to say." Alex raised a brow.

"Okay, I get in trouble if I compliment you and I get in trouble if I don't? What can I say?"

Blaise eventually found a medium. It was more fun than she expected. Pansy would chide him when he got overly friendly, and Alex would guilt him when he wasn't nice enough. It was one of the best parts about a secret relationship.

"This is actually pretty nice." She said, emerging in a royal purple shirt paired with a black skirt.

"I know. That's why I picked it." Blaise retorted. Alex looked to Pansy who smacked the back of his head. "What now?"

"Felt like it." Pansy shrugged and Alex nodded in agreement.

"Okay, I'm tired. Someone else take a turn getting dressed up." Alex sat in a chair.

"Me!" Blaise jumped at the chance and disappeared. He wasn't gone long before returning with an armful of clothes.

"What have we missed?" Draco asked as he slipped into the seat Blaise had just vacated. Daphne looked approvingly at Alex.

"That looks nice."

"Thanks."

"We'll be going to hair and makeup next." Pansy said.

"For the record, I did not agree to that. I don't wear makeup unless there's an actual occasion."

"So? I wear it all the time." Pansy said.

"Yeah, and it looks good on you. And you like it and that's fine. But I'm not going to."

"I didn't hear a no to the hair though." Draco mused and she rolled her eyes.

"Alright. But you're still paying for it all."

"I know." He said, sounding a little offended at the implication that he might not have.

There was a salon not too far away that they planned to go to after getting some lunch.

"Need help with the menu?" Draco asked, with an insufferable smirk.

"You know I can speak French, right?" She said, and then gave the waiter her order.

"Since when?" He asked once the waiter had taken everyone else's and left.

"I know seven languages."

"That was your fact in alchemy." Daphne said. "What are those languages?"

"French, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Bulgarian and Russian."

"That's six." Blaise counted.

"I thought English would be obvious."

"Oh yeah."

"What are you thinking for the salon? It's easier when you know what you want. I'm gonna get a little trim, and I think I'm going to ask for a side fringe."

"I dunno, maybe get it straightened and my ends trimmed."

"I want to dye my hair." Blaise announced.

"What colour?" Alex humoured him.

"Also, what hair?" Daphne added, sending the table into a fit of giggles at his expense.

"That's just rude."

"Look, we all care very much about you, but Daph's right. You don't have hair to dye. You'd be dyeing your... head." Alex agreed.

"Wel, obviously I'd grow it out first."

"So what colour are you thinking?" Draco asked.

"Like I'm going to tell you vultures now. Forget it." He said, his face cross.

"Sorry, Zabini. We didn't mean to offend you. Whatever you do to your head- sorry, hair- I'm sure you'll look just as good as you do now." Alex said, patting his arm patronisingly.

"And how good do I look now?" She rolled her eyes.

"Food's here." She said as the plates appeared on their table.

A/N- So we got Alex hanging out with her Slytherins, and we're meeting Astoria. Hope you enjoy, xx

Favourite lines are "I want to dye my hair." Blaise announced.

"What colour?" Alex humoured him.

"Also, what hair?" Daphne added, sending the table into a fit of giggles at his expense.