16

Alex was shown to a room. She put her things down, and used Doomie to place a privacy charm on the room.

There was a knock at the door, and she went over to open it. Draco stormed past her.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"What are you?" She countered.

"I'm a death eater, remember?"

"Well, I'm... checking it out." He looked tired of her already and she grinned.

"Why?" He asked.

"Voldemort's my grandfather." She replied casually. He didn't look convinced.

"You're a better liar than that."

"It's not a lie." She said. "I am, by blood, Voldemort's granddaughter. So that's why I'm here. That's why you were always told to be my friend."

"You're not joking?" He asked. She shook her head. He took in a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Nope." He blinked.

"Do you need anything?" She offered.

"Just give me a moment." He sat down on the bed to steady himself. She shut the door, and folded her arms. "I broke up with Pansy."

"What? Why?" It was her turn to be shocked. She'd honestly thought those two were meant to be together.

"Well, we've been fighting a lot all summer."

"About what?" Draco looked hesitant. "I've put privacy charms up. You're okay to talk." He raised his brow. "I'm still your friend. You can trust me. I'm not going to blab out details of your life."

"This isn't a safe life. And I didn't really think she should have to live it. Or be involved in it."

"And you were fighting?"

"Yeah."

"Because you were kind of telling her what to do?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah." She agreed. "You're screwed. Even when you're trying to protect people, they don't like being told what to do."

"Okay, really. Why are you here?" He scowled, not really looking for an answer.

"Come on." She opened the door.

"Come on where?"

"You are in desperate need of cheering up." She said. "So let's go make people freak out that there's a Weasley walking around unsupervised in their headquarters."

"That's a great idea." He smirked and followed her out.

Their first encounter was Griffiths.
"Alexandra." He said.

"Griffiths." She stared back. "How's it feel to be such a failure?"

"You know him?" Draco asked.

"Yeah. He's the one who kidnapped me when I was eleven. Also attempted to, like, three times after that and failed time and time again."

"Oh."

"Whereas Professor Snape got me to come here willingly on his first try." She said. "It must be super embarrassing for him."

"We should continue this tour." Draco said, manoeuvring her around Griffiths. "Let's go."

"I could've kept going." She said, once they'd left him behind.

"I know. But let's not irritate the guy who kidnapped you so much." He said. "Not right now. I don't fancy facing the person who could take you on."

"It was before I went to Hogwarts, and he only succeeded because he threatened my brother's life. Nothing to do with actual skill. He can't lay a hand on me."

"Let's not risk it."

"Fine." They continued walking. "Shall we go see your mum? She's not too bad, I suppose."

"Alright, this way." He led her down a corridor. He knocked on a door and they heard Narcissa invite them in. He poked his head in but came right back out. "Aunt Bella's in there. You can't go in. She won't freak out, she'll just try to kill you."

"Relax, I've got a protection spell." She said.

"She'll use the killing curse."

"She's had so many chances to kill me, I'll be fine. Get in there, ferret."

"Shut it." He muttered but pushed into the room. Narcissa glanced up at her, a brow raised in slight surprise, but otherwise made no move. Bellatrix on the other hand raised her wand. Draco stepped in front of Alex, knowing his aunt wouldn't hex him. At least not right then.

"Step aside Draco, dear." She said, an angry look on her face.

"You don't want to harm her Bella. She's Morgana's daughter." Narcissa remarked.

"You knew?" Draco asked.

"I had my suspicions." Narcissa shrugged. "And the dark lord kept such a close eye on her."

"Morgana didn't have a daughter." Bellatrix sneered.

"That you knew of. Though to be fair, she hated you." Alex moved Draco aside. "You had no reason to know."

"And who told you that? My blood traitor of a sister?"

"Actually she did. I saw some memories of hers in a pensieve. It's one of the few things she left me." Alex said. "And I distinctly remember her calling you insane. Totally, completely and utterly bonkers."

"Let's go tour the rest of the house." Draco said.

"I don't think that's such a good idea." Narcissa said, concerned.

"I can protect myself." Alex challenged.

"I have no doubt, but is it wise to go around provoking people who are already on edge right now?"

"Probably not. But we'll be fine." Alex backed out of the room and pulled Draco out along with her.

"This isn't really so fun."

"Because you keep worrying. Just don't worry. We're just stirring up trouble, and I'll protect you."

"I don't need you to protect me."

"Just relax, Drake. You're making this boring. This shouldn't be boring. Where's your inner Slytherin?"

"He's busy valuing our lives and keeping us safe."

"You were willing to step in front of Bellatrix's hex for me."

"That was another matter of survival. If I got you killed, your grandfather would murder me. Probably torture me first too."

A/N- Yeah, Narcissa definitely figured it out.

Favourite line is "I don't fancy facing the person who could take you on."