14

The minister came during Harry's birthday. He insisted on speaking with Harry, Ron and Hermione separately. Hermione filled her friend in afterwards, telling her it was about Dumbledore's will. They didn't talk any more about it. Dumbledore was a sore subject to talk about. Alex couldn't decide whether to be angry at him or mourn him, so she landed on not thinking about it at all.

The wedding came around soon enough.

Fleur looked wonderful. Hermione and the bridesmaids helped the bride get ready the morning of.

"Bill's going to lose his mind when he sees you." Alex said. Fleur blushed slightly.

"Thank you." She beamed at her sister-in-law.

"Every boy's going to lose their mind." Amélie said. "Though that pretty much happens wherever she goes."

"Don't sound so bitter, Amélie." There was a knock on the door and aunt Muriel bustled in, Molly right behind her. Molly looked exhausted.

"Incoming. Prepare yourself." Alex muttered to Hermione. Muriel tittered as she laid eyes on Fleur.

"What a simple dress. My goodness, couldn't they find anything more suitable for a wedding?"

"We figured why mess with perfection? Such an extravagant dress would only be covering Fleur's natural beauty." Muriel sneered at Alex.

"My delightful niece, I presume. That's the story we're still going with, right?" Alex rolled her eyes, as Muriel looked at Hermione next. "Oh dear. And is this the muggleborn? Why, she's all bad posture and skinny ankles."

"Actually-"

"Aunt Muriel," Molly cut in, sending a stern look to her daughter. "Didn't you want to speak to Fleur?"

"Right, yes."

"We'll give you some privacy." Molly herded the girls out.

"Ignore her if she insults you. She's a bitter woman." Alex muttered to Fleur in French before leaving.

"What did she mean, story?" Amélie asked.

"I'm the first in our family who has brown hair and not red. And since both of my parents have red hair, she thinks I'm not fully part of this family. And she's never shied away from saying so."

"What a cow." Ginny muttered.

"On the bright side, the twins set off a dung bomb under her chair after she got really mean once, and she stopped coming for Christmas."

"I don't remember it, but I think it would've been a great memory to have." Ginny said.

"It is." Alex agreed and turned to Hermione. "You should go save yourself. You don't want to bump into Muriel again. Plus my brother should see you looking stunning in that dress." She switched to Japanese. Hermione blushed and glared, but took her advice and left.

"What did you say to her?" Ginny looked at Hermione as she walked away.

"Nothing." Alex said and turned away. "Someone help me with my hair. It's coming out."

"I know a spell."

"No, that's fine. Just help me pin it up."

"Sure." Ginny cut in before Amélie could question Alex's strangeness.

Any nervousness Fleur may have felt melted away by the time they reached the beginning of the aisle. She was standing up straight, her head up staring before her. Her veil covered half of her head, pinned to her bun and flowing over her shoulders. She held her fathers arm and waited her cue, before walking surely down the aisle. Alex and Amélie walked behind her and Monsieur Delacour, and Ginny and Gabrielle behind them. They stood off to the side once they reached the end of the aisle. Alex smiled as Fleur and Bill looked intently at each other, the whole world seeming to fall away.

"Ladies and gentlemen." The officiant began. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls..."

"Yes, my tiara set off the whole thing nicely," Auntie Muriel said, in a rather carrying whisper. "But I must say, those dresses are far too low cut."

Alex rolled her eyes at Muriel's interruption, but it didn't faze the officiant. He continued. "Do you, William Arthur, take Fleur Isabelle to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

"I do." He said, loudly and steadily.

"And do you, Fleur Isabelle, take William Arthur to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

"I do." Fleur said, without a hint of doubt.

"If you would please, now is the time for exchanging rings." Charlie pulled out the two rings from his pocket and gave them out. Bill placed the ring on Fleur's hand and it flowed gold. Fleur then placed the other ring on Bill's hand, and it glowed gold, and a cord grew out from it, connecting the two hands.

"Then I declare you bonded for life." He waved his hand above Fleur and Bill, and a shower of silver stars fell upon them, spiraling around their now entwined figures. A round of applause erupted from the crowd and the golden balloons overhead burst. Birds of paradise and tiny golden bells flew and floated out of them, adding their songs and chimes to the din.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The official called. "If you would please stand up!"

Everyone not already standing did so, Auntie Muriel grumbling audibly and he waved his wand again. The canvas walls of the marquee vanished, so that the guests stood beneath a canopy supported by golden poles, with a glorious view of the sunlit orchard and surrounding countryside. Next, a pool of molten gold spread from the center of the tent to form a gleaming dance floor; the hovering chairs grouped themselves around small, white-clothed tables, which all floated gracefully back to earth round it, and the golden-jacketed hand trooped toward a podium.

A/N- okay, so I was looking back through book four, and I realised Amélie's supposed to have a sister. She was mentioned once, and then I totally forgot about her, so oops ig. Also, not sure I can update tomorrow, because I'm getting my COVID vaxx

Favourite line is "Plus my brother should see you looking stunning in that dress."