15

Soon after, Fleur and Bill were surrounded by a crowd of well wishers. Alex moved away to go say hi to the guests who'd arrived.

Alex headed over to Luna and sat next to her at an empty table.

"Hey Loony."

"Alex!" She said happily.

"I like your dress." Alex said. "It's nice and bright. Like you."

"Father says it's a good luck to wear yellow to a wedding."

"It suits you. It's a very happy look." Luna beamed at that, just as Hermione and her idiot duo arrived.

"All right if we join you?" Ron asked.

"No." Alex said, at the same time as Luna replied.

"Oh yes," she said happily, and they sat down. "Daddy's just gone to give Bill and Fleur our present."

"What is it, a lifetime's supply of Gurdyroots?" Ron asked. Alex smacked him upside the head.

"Ow!" He rubbed his head.

"Don't be such a pest."

"Whatever." He grumbled. Music began to play on the dance floor and Bill led Fleur out for their first dance. Alex clapped along with everyone, smiling. Arthur led Madame Delacour out onto the dance floor and Monsieur Delacour led Molly out. It seemed like the parents were getting along great.

"I like this song." Luna said, swaying and danced out onto the floor.

"She's great isn't she?" said Ron admiringly. "Always good value."

"She's wonderful." Alex smiled at her friend. Krum dropped into Luna's seat. "Viktor, hi! Nice to see you could make it."

"Hello." He said. He didn't seem to know what to do. The last time they'd seen each other he'd come out of the maze after using the cruciatus curse on her boyfriend and then Cedric had died. It was complicated, though she didn't seem to be thinking the same thing he was.

"Alex! Come dance." Amélie beckoned her over and she let out an exhaustive sigh.

"I have to go. Enjoy the day!" She said and went over to Amélie.

Amélie didn't seem to tire. She brought Gabrielle and Ginny into the group and had them all laughing and dancing, and eventually even managed to pull Fleur in. It was actually fun, and for a while, Alex managed to forget about her troubles.

Of course, that meant that things had to go wrong. Bill was standing to the side with Idris Shafiq (who Alex had only just managed to barely greet) as the girls all danced when a large silver patronus came to a stop before them. Everyone froze, wondering if it was another part of the wedding festivities or something else. But instead, the lynx spoke in the loud, deep, slow voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

Panic erupted from the crowds. People begun disapparating. Alex shoved the girls together to avoid their splitting up.

"Apparate to the burrow." Alex instructed Amélie and Fleur, the latter of whom gathered Gabrielle into her arms. "We'll meet you there."

"Bill-"

"Will be fine. He'd want you to be safe." Alex told her. "Go, now!"

Fleur disappparated, with Amélie close behind. Alex grabbed onto Ginny to apparate away with her. They reappeared at the burrow's entrance.

It was time, Alex knew. She made Ginny go inside with the Delacours before heading back out to the fight.

"Last chance to back out." Pedro found her standing at the edge of the battle.

"No chance." She said. "You should go."

"Okay."

Alex watched on, making no moves to help anyone. A man in a death eater mask came to stand beside her.

"Isn't this Griffith's job? Taking me to Voldemort?"

"Well, he's failed enough times. I convinced Voldemort that I might have better luck." Her uncle replied. "Though, I don't mind failing."

"I know. You won't." She said. "Let's go, before someone sees me not fighting you."

Snape put his hand on her shoulder and immediately they both disappeared.

She recognised her surroundings as Malfoy Manor. Snape led her inside, telling her to wait in the entrance hall.

He came back out not much later and beckoned her forth. She followed after him to the large room.

"Leave us." Voldemort said in a high tone. The death eaters in the room except for Snape walked out. Draco sent her side glances of confusion. "My dear granddaughter, it's nice to see you come into the fold."

"I'm not." She said. "Yet."

"Yet?"

"Professor Snape says I should listen to you. That you might not be the monster I have been led to believe. Though, to be fair, you did control me and make me kill people, so I'm a little hesitant."

"Alex." Snape berated and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm here, and I'm going to stay and see if he's right and if Dumbledore was just trying to manipulate me this entire time. I need to know. Because people I care about seem to be on your side. And on the other side there's Dumbledore who refused my mother's last wish of giving me to her best friend. There's Harry Potter, who almost killed my friend."

"And your muggleborn friend?"

"Not quite as muggleborn as we believed." Voldemort looked interested. "She has magical lineage. Her father comes from a line of squibs, but they once had magical ancestry. She didn't know."

"I see."

"You still made me kill people, so I don't really have much reason to trust you either."

A/N- Okay, I am back. I was super tired yesterday so I couldn't update but I'm back.

Favourite line is "I like your dress." Alex said. "It's nice and bright. Like you."