4- DNA

'Okay I'm going to ask an officer if he can speak to Mr Ricci, and ask if he would like to have a DNA test done so we can find out if you are lying or not."

---------

Chapter 4 : DNA

I am still sitting on the chair

I am still sitting on the chair. It is already two hours later after the conversation with that pshygologist. And this chair is not comfortable at all, my back is starting to hurt.

The pshygologist, whose name I don't know, called 'Mr Ricci'. Mr Ricci has agreed to a DNA test. They have already taken the test and now I have to wait for the result. If the result is negative and I am not a Ricci, then I really have no family and I will have to go into an orphanage. If the result is positive, which nobody here thinks , then I will go and live with my family in London.

I have found out that we are in Italy. I didn't know that, but there is a lot I don't know because I didn't go to school and so I can't read or write. Well, I can write and read a little because of the older children who helped me, but they should have been at school themselves and so they are also behind.

Impatiently, I start tapping my foot on the ground. Why is it taking so long? I want to know the result of the DNA test. A sigh rolls over my lips. Why is waiting so boring? I look around me for something to do. Meanwhile, there are only four other children, they have no family and will soon go to the orphanage. They would have gone there already, but they are waiting for the result of my DNA test because they think it is negative and then they can take me to the orphanage.

I look at the four children. Louise is there, an eight-year-old girl with black hair down to her shoulders and beautiful bright blue eyes. Louise had a very hard time in the house, she was beaten with the belt every day. Louise cannot cook and the men thought it was funny to put her in the kitchen every day and if she did something wrong she was beaten with the belt. Louise fell asleep on her chair an hour ago, she looks so carefree when she sleeps.

Then I look at the chair towards her where Tommy is sitting. His blond curls are all messed up, his brown eyes are sombre and on his cheek there is a deep cut that has now been stitched. Tommy is ten and super sweet. When he first came into the house he was so confused, he didn't know what had happened. He had been crying the whole time, but just a little too loudly and he was immediately spanked.

Tommy holds the hand of Maxim, or as he liked to be called Max. With the same blond curly hair and brown eyes, the brothers look very much alike. Maxim is thirteen years old and has tried to protect his brother, just as I tried to protect Isabella. It's strange in the house, everyone older than eleven has a little child that we try to protect. Just like Max protects Tommy and I protect Isabella, Louise was protected by an older girl called Britt. Unfortunately, Britt died last month from too much blood loss. We tried to help her, but it was already too late.

I look at the last person, Naomi. Naomi has beautiful blond hair and green eyes, she is fifteen I think. Her arms are full of red, green, blue and black spots. As if she can feel my stare, Naomi turns her face towards me and looks straight into my eyes. I feel my cheeks getting hot because she caught me staring, but Naomi just smiles sweetly at me. Hesitantly, I smile back small before looking down at my hands that are on my lap.

"You don't mean that!" suddenly sounds an irritating and loud voice. I look in the direction from where the sound is coming and see the pshygologist I was supposed to talk to, together with a doctor.

"It's really true." Says the doctor. The psychologist looks at the doctor.

"Are you sure? Wouldn't it be better to double check?"

"Ma'am, I've checked it three times, it's really true." Says the doctor indignantly, probably because the psychologist does not believe him.

"This is...wow this is very unexpected." Mumbles the psychologist. The doctor nods.

"I don't think anyone expected it. But now we have to inform them." Explains the doctor. Now the psychologist nods her head in agreement.

"What if you go and call him and I talk to the girl?" She asks. The doctor nods and disappears from the room without a word. The psychologist looks around the room until her eyes land on me and then she starts to walk towards me. Confused, I frown.

When the psychologist comes near me, she sits down on her crouch in front of my admission. "Hey Eleanor right?" She asks. I roll my eyes, no I'm Father Christmas. She knows my name.

"The result of the DNA test has come." Explains the psychologist. I sit a bit straighter in my chair and look at the woman.

All these thoughts haunt me, what if it is negative? Then I have no family, I have thought all these years that those seven boys in the picture in the locket were my family, and they were not. All these years I have had hope, which actually wasn't there at all. Then I'll have to go to the orphanage, and then what? No one is going to want to adopt me. So then I'm going to spend years in that orphanage, with no family. I'm not going to have a family at all. Then the light of hope that was burning in me will be extinguished.

But what if it's positive? Then I'll have a family, right? But what if they don't want me? Or they don't like me? Or maybe they're mean? Or if they find me disgusting when they discover what I had to do in the house? Or what if they really want me? Do I have a family that loves me? Would they remember me? Would they recognise me? Or have they just forgotten me?

"And?" I ask the psychologist hopefully.

"You are indeed Eleanor Ricci. " Smiles the psychologist.

A/N: Omg aah! It's finally official! Eleanor is a Ricci! That means she is about to meet her family! Yay!It's been long enough, she's finally going to meet her brothers!

Sorry this chapter is probably not very interesting. I didn't know exactly how I was going to do it, so yes sorry for this bad chapter!