23 - you and me

Uhm I guess we better skip the next class and you take a shower in the locker rooms.

------------

"Bye," Josh waves at me and I wave back

"Bye," Josh waves at me and I wave back. School is finally done. My hair is still wet from the shower and I'm wearing an ugly green sweater from the lost and found. My blouse is all covered in coke, the woman at the secretarial office gave me a plastic bag to put it in. I'm really just done with today, everyone kept whispering things. Not just my class, no now everyone because they know I ruined Britney's blouse, so everyone is now "mad" at me.

I look around the parking lot. Nowhere do I see Riccardo's red sports car. He's coming to get me right? He hasn't forgotten about me, has he? I sit down on a bench and wait.

And wait...

And wait...

Ugh if only I had a Phone I could send him where he is or see what time it was. Everyone has a phone, maybe I should get a job so I can buy one second hand. School has already ended, everyone has already gone home. Where is Riccardo? Impatiently, I start tapping my foot on the ground.

Then finally a red sports car enters the parking lot. I stand up, grab my backpack and the plastic bag and walk to the car. I get into the car and feel Riccardo's gaze on me as I put on my seatbelt.

"That's not your sweater," Riccardo says. I click my belt and cross my arms. From the corner of my eye, i look at Riccardo. He has a frown on his eyebrows and looks at me inquisitively.

"Why is your hair wet?" Asks Riccardo on. I shrug my shoulders. Riccardo sighs loudly.

"Eleanor I'm tired and in a bad mood and you don't want to piss me off, look at me when I'm talking to you and use verbal responses," Riccardo says in his stern mean-spirited way. I turn my head to him and look at him.

"Why is your hair wet Eleanor? And why are you wearing a different sweater? And why do you have a plastic bag?" Inquisitively Riccardo looks at me.

"Oh uhm...an accident," I mutter. Riccardo raises an eyebrow, clearly not believing me.

"An accident?"

"Yes," I nod to come across more clearly, but from Riccardo's look I can tell it's not working at all. Riccardo grips the steering wheel with one hand and squeezes it, causing his knuckles to turn white.

"Eleanor, I'm not starting the car until you tell me the truth," Riccardo says sternly. I sigh, he doesn't mean it. Or does he? I start fidgeting with my hands and stop looking at Riccardo. A tense silence surrounds us. I know I'm making Riccardo angry now , but it's no big deal. Someone just poured coke on me because I spilled drink on her too. It's not like I'm being bullied.