14 - the note

"He has something to take care of." Answer Emilio and then we drive home in silence.

---------------
Chapter 14 : the note

With my hand in Emilio's, we walk into the living room

With my hand in Emilio's, we walk into the living room. As soon as we enter, four heads turn in our direction. Alessandro, Riccardo, Leonardo and even Lorenzo are sitting with their four on the big U shaped seat. Emilio gives my hand a squeeze and we walk over to the seat. Emilio sits down next to Leonardo and pulls me onto his lap. Protectively he wraps his arms around me. Four pairs of eyes watch me and dont let me go second out of sight. There is an uneasy and tense atmosphere. I know they want to say something, but they don't want to overwhelm me with their questions. It feels like centuries, but in reality it's only a few seconds until someone clears their throat.

"Eleanor, how are you feeling?" Alessandro asks softly. I shrug my shoulders. I don't know how I feel.

"I don't think she realizes yet what happened," says Emilio softly. Leonardo nods his head.

"That's understandable yeah," he agrees. Suddenly Lorenzo gets up from the seat and comes to stand in front of me and Emilio. He looks at me, with his unreadable expression, for it is one in which no emotion can be seen.

"Let me see your arm Eleanor." I hold my arm out to him and Lorenzo gently grabs my arm with his one hand. With his other hand he gently rubs the now bruised spot. I look at his face but nothing changes, he doesn't even blink.

"Does it hurt?" He asks , more to Emilio than to me. Emilio shakes his head.

"She says not." Lorenzo nods and lets go of my arm. Lorenzo walks out of the living room without saying another word. Again, a silence hangs in the room.

"I'd better go." With that, Riccardo gets up and leaves the living room as well. Leonardo also gets up and looks at me inquiringly.

"If you want to talk about it, I'll be in the library." With that, Leonardo also leaves the living room. I look at Emilio expectantly, he still has me on his lap so I can't leave. Emilio looks down at me and smiles softly.

"Why don't you go to your room and unpack your new clothes? We already had someone bring your clothes." Suggests Emilio. I nod my head but Emilio raises an eyebrow. Ugh stupid rule.

"Okay." I say softly. Emilio nods, presses a kiss against my crown and then releases me. Quickly I jump off his lap and walk out of the living room.

"Dinner will be here in an hour or two," Alessandro's voice says.

--------------

I arrive at my room and see ten colorful bags on the floor. I grab a few bags and put them in my walk-in closet. The walk-in closet is really beautiful. The walls are light pink but you don't see much of it because of the white cabinets that cover the wall. The cabinets have all kinds of sliders, there are also a few horizontal tubes with light pink clothes hangers. There is also a white make-up table with a large mirror around which are all kinds of glittering stones and a matching light pink stool. In the middle of the room there is a long pink pouf with diamonds. So much rose and white. Quietly I begin to take all the clothes out of the bags. I never thought it was so much.