45 -the scream

And i start screaming as loud as i can.

------------
Chapter 45 :the scream

It is quiet in the living room as we listen to the footsteps of Eleanor walking up the stairs

It is quiet in the living room as we listen to the footsteps of Eleanor walking up the stairs. I listen carefully and hear her humming softly, the corners of my mouth curling up into a smile. She seemed so happy today. I stare at the bill in my hands. The Christmas present she gave me, the best present ever.

I haven't given anyone a hug in years and now she arrives with free hugs and it reminds me of the old days. Of how nice it felt to be hugged. The arms around you that protect you, that welcome you full of love. It reminds me of the old days, of little Eleanor waiting at the door every day when I came home from school. She immediately wrapped her little arms around my legs and looked up at me with that adorable smile of hers and that twinkle in her eye. The twinkle I didn't see when she got here, but I did see it today. The twinkle in her eye was there when she was singing mer to us. That adorable smile was also there when she saw that even Lorenzo was smiling.

Sometimes I still can't believe she is there. That my little sister is back home safe and sound. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night full of panic, having dreamt that they have taken her away again. Then I jump out of my bed and run to her room, which I then carefully open. And each time a sigh of relief leaves me when I hear her soft snoring.

"AAaaaaaahhh!!!" Startled, I am brought out of my thoughts by the shrill sound. With wide eyes I look at my brothers who also look around startled. It takes a few seconds for what just happened to sink in and I jump up like a rocket.

"Eleanor!" I shout, in a panic I start running out of the living room as fast as I can. Behind me I hear my brothers cursing and then I hear their running footsteps behind me. Like a pack of animals, we all run up the stairs as fast as we can. As fast as I can I run to Eleanor's room and throw open the door. I just barely catch someone jumping out the window before my brothers storm into the room as well.

"Eleanor!" Calls Emilio and he runs to Eleanor who stands up as if petrified. Lord whole body is shaking. I turn my head sideways to Valentino and Lorenzo and see that their gaze is focused on the window.

"Should I come?" I ask them softly. Lorenzo turns his head in my direction and then looks at Eleanor. I follow his gaze and see that Eleanor is still standing in the same spot. She is shaking and staring into nothingness in front of her. In her hand she has a... photo album? Emilio peals softly at Eleanor, but it seems like she doesn't hear him. Lorenzo turns his head in my direction.

"Stay here," is all he says and then he turns and walks out of the room. Valentino sends one more concerned look to Eleanor before he gives Alessandro a shove and together they leave the room as well. I look around the room. Emilio has Eleanor by her shoulder and gently pushes her back so she sits down on her bed. Leonardo is standing by the window, and I know he's searching for signs of burglary. And Matteo has grabbed the photo album from Eleanor's hand and is flipping through it. An angry expression is on his face. I gently step over to Eleanor gaar bed and sit on my crouch next to her.

"Eleanor?" Asks Emilio probably already for the umpteenth time gently to her. Eleanor doesn't respond and continues to look ahead of her.

"Kiddo," I say softly. Immediately her eyes jump to my face. Her eyes are large and search my face. Carefully I bring my hand up and place it against her cheek.

"We're here, we won't leave you alone again," I whisper softly. At first I wanted to say she was safe, but that would be a lie. If anyone could even get into her room, the place we thought she would be safest. Then she's not safe at all. Eleanor looks at me and her gaze becomes less panicked.

"Uhm Eleanor, " Matteo's voice sounds softly. Eleanor's gaze goes to Matteo and I look at him questioningly as well. He's holding the photo album very tightly and it's clear he's trying to control his anger. "Honey there is blood on the photo album.... are you hurt anywhere?" Immediately my gaze shoots back to Eleanor and out of the corner of my eye I see Leonardo and Emilio doing the same. I look at her from head to toe but see no injuries.

"Ain't my blood," she whispers softly. My eyebrows furrow and I look at her questioningly.

"You're not hurt?" Asks Emilio gently drill to be sure. Eleanor shakes her head.

"No, it's his blood. I hit him,"

A/N: OMGGG GUYS I UPDATED!! #proudofmyself

Anyway so sorry i didn't update for a while! Im just not really 100% the last time. And i think i was just makeing excuses the whole time to write but now that i wrote this chapter it reminded me again why i love writing.

So yeah i hope you guys are all okay and so so so so sorry for nor updating  and yeah.

Reminder : you matter, you are enough <3