31 - scars

I think it's time.
----------

Chapter 31 : scars

Tw: abuse please dont read this chapter if this can trigger you <3

I look at my brothers one by one. Matteo, Emilio and Riccardo. Matteo wasn't there when the whole Anastasia thing happened so I'm not mad at him, from the beginning when I saw him I felt a conection with him, trusted him already. Emilio who was nice to me from the beginning but still he hurt me.... but his apology was very sweet and I forgave him. And then Riccardo, who just in the beginning was very mean and irritating but when everyone dropped me, he showed me that he would never drop me , that he will always be there for me. I think of all my brothers, I trust them the most.

I stay quiet for a while, seconds maybe minutes. I trust them. I really do. But I'm not sure I want them to know the truth, they're going to loathe me, they're going to think I'm dirty. Or maybe, they're not going to think that? I have no idea what they're going to do...but I trust them.

And it's time I told them the truth.

I take a deep breath and look down at my hands, I can't look at them, I don't want to see their reactions when they hear everything.

"Kim lied," my voice sounds soft, hesitant. "I don't come from an orphanage,"

"Then where are you from?" Matteo's voice sounds soft.

"I...i," I can't form a sentence, it's hard to say the words, it's hard to say the truth when you've been silent for so long. It's hard to express your feelings, when you bottle them up every time.

"Hey," Matteo grabs my hands and gives them a reassuring squeeze. Tentatively I look up at him and he smiles small, encouraging. "Take your time," I nod my head and look down at my hands, which Matteo is holding.

"I don't know what you call it. Where I was," I admit honestly. Emilio grabs a chair and sets it down next to the hospital bed so he can come sit next to me.

"That doesn't matter, just tell us what happened, we want to help you Principessa, it's going to do you good to let it all out, your anger your sadness,"

"It was a house, a big house, and uhm," I frown my eyebrows slightly , thinking about how best to explain it. "I wasn't there alone there were other kids. Boys and girls. Kids of 6 and kids of 22, older than 22 there wasn't.... then they always disappeared." A shiver goes over me as I think about the stories that went around the house, about the twenty year olds just disappearing.

"And there were men, friends of..." I don't finish my sentence because a shiver goes over me when I think of him. "And uhm we had to help them with things, we had to do chores, make food, make beds, polish the stairs, do laundry, you know things of housekeeping," I look up from my hands cautiously, my gaze immediately catches that of Riccardo, who is leaning against the wall and looking straight at me, a frown on his face. He nods at me, as if to say that I should continue.