six

We had a really good thanksgiving. We flew our parents out and they all celebrated with us.

It was nice seeing my parents knowing I can't remember the last time I saw them.

They flew out that Monday so now we're putting up the Christmas tree in the living room.

We were putting it in between the couch and the bar. This is the first Christmas since we moved here.

"So, in a few weeks we're gonna have a Christmas party with everyone here soon and do secret Santa." Harley explained.

I looked at her confused. I wondered what she meant by everyone.

I just shrugged it off and put something on the tree. "How are we doing the names?" Jesse asked.

"They're coming over tomorrow." Harley explained. "We're gonna bake cookies and watch a Christmas movie." I think it's going to be fun.

By the time it was time for everyone to come, I was looking at myself in the mirror. I had on a Christmas sweater, leggings, and fuzzy socks.

I think this looks good. I go downstairs to see them getting ready.

There was a knock on the door so I went to answer it. I open the door to see two people I didn't recognize.

At least I didn't recognize the girl. The boy is obviously Reggie from Julie and the Phantoms.

"You're Reggie from Julie and the Phantoms." I point out. He laughs as he nods his head.

"Yeah, Jeremy Shada." I shook his hand as I introduced myself.

I then look over at the girl next to him. "This is my wife, Carolynn." I smiled at her.

I shook her hand as well as I let them come inside. "I think everyone is in the living room." I tell them as they nod.

They go in there and make their small talk. Everyone ended up coming in the span of thirty minutes.

We were all currently sitting on the couch. Harley stood up so she could talk about the rules.

Everyone got quiet so we can listen. "I think most of everyone knows how this works but to make sure, I'll go over the rules." She speaks up.

"Nothing over fifty dollars and if you choose your name, put it back in the hat and choose another." She cheekily smiles.

There was twelve of us here. Me, Owen, his friend Dani, Jeremy, Carolynn, Charlie, Kira, Jesse, Kilton, Harley, Nash, and his boyfriend Winston.

I was in between Charlie and Owen. Harley went over and grabbed the hat full of names.

She went over to Carolynn first. When she got to me, I grabbed a piece of paper.

I lean back so no one can see who I got. I smile when I see Owens name.

Harley then gives herself the last name. "Okay, everyone should have their names. Everyone should have their present in two weeks."

We all nodded in agreement. "Now let's get the party started." She smiled.

"Jesse, will you find a movie while us girls start the cookies." He nodded as we all stood up.

We all stalked off into the kitchen, leaving the boys. I don't know why it takes five girls to make cookies.

But I go along with it. "I feel like Jesse is going to turn on Die Hard." I joke with Harley.

That's what he did last Christmas. We asked him to turn a movie on, and he turned on Die Hard.