twenty-four

It was the last night in Maui. I was sad to be leaving. I've really enjoyed my week alone with Owen.

But I can't wait to see my friends and my sister again. Owen and I were sitting on the beach, watching the sunset go down.

"I'm going to miss these sunsets." I admit to Owen. I could hear him take a deep breath beside me.

"I'm going to miss alone time with you." I look up to see him looking sincere. I rest my head on his shoulder.

The only sound was the waves crashing. "I've loved every second of this trip." I admit to him.

I'm so happy I won this prank war. "I'm just happy you got your memories back." He admits.

I look back over towards him. "What would you do if I didn't?" I ask curious.

"I would've made you fall in love with me again." He told me truthfully.

I blushed at his words. "It's hard for me to not fall in love with you." I had my chin on his shoulder.

"You're cute when you flirt." He bent down and kissed my my forehead. We sat outside on the beach until it got dark.

But sadly we had to go pack. We had a flight at ten so we had to wake up a little bit early.

It took us a little bit to get everything together. "Do you wanna watch a movie?" Owen asked from the bed.

I was in the bathroom washing my face. "We have to get up early tomorrow." I remind him.

"Then can we watch part of a movie?" I shook my head knowing he wasn't listening.

"I know you, Owen. You'll stay up to watch it." I could hear him groan. "I'm not tired though." He complained.

I wiped my face one last time and went into our bedroom while turning the bathroom light out.

"Then play on your phone. I'm tired though so I'm going to bed." I turn our lights off and get into bed.

I get under the covers, curl in a ball, and face away from Owen. I felt Owens hand start rubbing my back, which calmed me down.

I could feel my breathing start to slow as I laid down. "Can you keep rubbing my back? It's calming me down." I rasp to my boyfriend.

"Of course. Anything for you." He continued. Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep. I didn't dream anything that night.

I just know I woke up to my alarm the next morning. I groggily get up and pack the last of my stuff.

Owen gets up and goes into the bathroom. "I'm going to go check us out!" I tell him from the other side of the door.

He groaned which I guess is an okay. I walk down to the lobby with my backpack on so I could check out.

"Hi, what can I help you with?" The lady smiled when I walked up to her.

"I was going to check out." I tell her as she nodded her head.

She started typing on the computer. "What's the name?" She glanced up at me.

"Edwards." They all put it under my name. She typed it out and nodded again.

"Okay. You're all good and checked out." She smiled. I thanked her as I turn around.

Owen was coming up to me with our suitcase. "Everything good?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "I just checked us out." We put our stuff in our car and headed to the airport.